POSITION TITLE: Transgender Health Outreach Specialist
STATUS: Full time
EXEMPT STATUS: Non exempt
RATE: $11.56 hr
SUPERVISOR’S TITLE: Director of Community Outreach
POSITION SUMMARY The Outreach Specialist is under the general administrative direction of the Director of Community Health, will be responsible for outreach and promotion of the Transgender Health Program deliverables and community engagement activities for assigned area.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (human services, health services, or a similar field) – preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Minimum 2 years experience within labor union, non-profit or other social justice organizations, human services and/ or public health
- At least 2 years experience organizing, conducting community and/or street outreach, specifically with hard to reach populations
- At least 2 years experience organizing, conducting community and/or street education on health related issues
- Experience working with transgender people and familiarity with the target population highly desired.
- Knowledge of LGBT community and social centers in Southern California.
- Experience with, knowledge of, multi-ethnic and underserved communities.
- An understanding of health education principles and behavior, people of color and community resources in Los Angeles County.
- Good oral/written communication, interpersonal and oral presentation skills.
- Outstanding organizational and research skills including internet-based.
- Proficiency with social media/social networking sites desired.
- Bilingual – written and speech Spanish/English (preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, nationalities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic backgrounds, religions, ages, immigration statuses, HIV status, and physical abilities in a multicultural environment.
- Computer skills and knowledge including word-processing, database operations, presentations, spreadsheets and other software systems.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends required.
- Access to private and insured transportation and a California driver’s license required
- Establish and develop working relationships with clients; initiate and conduct outreach to the target population using telephone, mail, email, social media and visits in the community.
- Provide comprehensive education and information through street outreach, health fairs, community events, and any other appropriate activity.
- Assist in the development of education/promotional materials for this program.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings and maintain communication with team coordinator and other staff members.
- Assist in production of required weekly/monthly/quarterly data collection reports.
- Maintain outreach activity calendar/log (i.e., location, length of outreach event, encounters per event).
- Engage community members/residents for program related activities
- Assist with program evaluations and updates to program and services.
- Consult with program staff to identify program needs, supports and resources.
- Attend appropriate community resource meetings and trainings assigned.
- Participate in community/public task forces/meetings as necessary.
- Work in collaboration with other departments where necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
St. John's Well Child & Family Center - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard