Position: Transition Manager Need (8)
Rate/Salary: W2 rate to contractor - up to $700 daily rate (fixed) ; Full-time, $130-160K + bonus
L ocation: San Francisco (Need 3) / Los Angeles, CA (Need 3) / Minnesota (Need 2):
Transition Manager Job Description
Providing overall leadership for the initializing, transitioning, and transforming large, complex customers to Client services.
Establishing and ensuring that appropriate Transition and Transformation Methodology (TTM) processes are used/followed (such as reporting, risk management, lessons learned, quality, escalating, communications etc.) as listed in the Scope of Work or Statement of Work (SOW).
Managing the Transition program for all Client services as described in the SOW) and co-ordinates with all of the teams ie Program Management Office (PMO), Service Management (SM) and other teams that may support the client.
Leading the overall Transition team during Pursuit and/or Transition phases of the deal.
Manage/support Transition Managers in execution of Transition (project) activities
Assisting in acquiring staff and material resources for the Transition programs and associated projects.
Ensuring that all Transition Project Plans are consistent, congruent, and integrate with the overall Deal Project Plan and customer Transition plans. Lead and manage the execution of the Project Plans.
Financial management for Transition activities, including setting budgets, approving forecasts. NOTE - budgets are set by the business units - TM collects cost data from Tower Leads
Supporting the Project Managers of Transition projects in developing each project's scope of work, estimates, schedule and risk
Be a Coach and Mentor
Typically a less complex $100M-500M deal or a more complex $50M-100M deal
Will have influence inside and outside Client
Involved in pursuit phase and has input into parameters of deal
Education and Experience Required:
5-10 years managing Information Technology (IT)/Services Transitions
7-10 years industry experience
10+ years Project Management Experience
Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
Undergraduate Degree desired. (Preferred fields include Business, Computer Science, IT/Information Systems (IS), or Electrical/Electronic Engineering (or equivalent combination education or experience).
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Knowledge of Information Technology Information Library (ITIL) or IT Service Management (ITSM)
Knowledge of Application Development and Support
Highly developed Project Management skills
Risk Management skills
Skilled at Transition Executions
Expert Knowledge of Transition and Transformation Methodologies
Strong people management skills, typically with indirect reports
Apply effective project management methods
Analyze and resolve problems
Focus on customers
Design and deliver presentations
Influence management in defining customer needs
Manage Transition/Transformation project financials
Manage variable workforce
Knowledge of IT Market, Strategy, and Trends
Skilled at managing at Operational IT Vice President (VP) level,
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Discovery/Verification (Due Diligence)
- Supports or drives due diligence to ensure identification/reduction of risk and the timely inclusion of risk factors as leverage in contract negotiations
- Identifies, assesses and enlists the commitment of internal Client and 3rd party resources required to implement the transition according to plan
- Assembles and synthesizes all opportunity assessment findings into detailed transition planning and transition-readiness activities
Customer Engagement/Program Knowledge
- Applies leadership and program management capabilities to execute, monitor and troubleshoot transition roll-out to plan (eg, assets, people, projects, services, workplace solutions, relationships, delivery control) and ensure transfer to Client on day 1
- Actively develops and incorporates profound understanding of client factors when planning and executing client project/program activities
Services Support Policies & Procedures
- Systematically uses Information Technology (IT) Outsourcing Methodology (ITOM) to coordinate activities and communications, and contribute to the achievement of desired results
- Applies understanding of Client service organization and functions to support internal and external customer requests
- Manages supplier effectively to ensure satisfaction with Client and responsiveness from suppliers
JobServe USA - 7 months ago