Provides transportation needs of the community by driving a Fixed Route schedule. Operates bus in a safe and efficient manner. Provides Customer Service by informing passengers of other routes schedules, fares, and transfer information. Assist passengers with special needs.
Essential Functions Statements
• Operate a city bus
• Requires sitting for long periods while operating bus.
• Must meet schedule demands of the particular route
• Must assist passengers in wheel chairs by securing wheel chair while on the bus.
• Provide passengers with general information of routes and schedules.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
- Communication, Oral- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Conflict Resolution -Ability to deal with others in an antagonistic situation.
- Customer Oriented- Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Empathetic- Ability to appreciate and be sensitive to the feelings of others.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Honesty I Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Patience - Ability to act calmly under stress and strain, and of not being hasty or impetuous.
- Reliability- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Responsible -Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Education : High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Experience : Minimum of one year of CDL driving experience
- Certificates a Licenses: Class "B" CDL with P endorsement
Physical and Mental Requirements:
This position requires working non-traditional and/or odd hours, split-shifts on various days of the week, including holidays. Work is primarily performed out of doors and on-board transit vehicles. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent must: Regularly hear, sit, reach with hands and arms, and use leg/foot to reach or handle controls. Regularly exert physical effort. Finger and manual dexterity are regularly needed to drive non-power steering vehicles and to operate door and dispense transfers. Frequently talk, walk, and use hands to handle or feel objects or controls. Regularly required to stoop, bend, and twist at the waist, occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, push or pull, and climb stairs. Possess visual acuity including distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Regularly be exposed to fumes, odors, and moderate noise. Have a high degree of memory and concentration. Must be able to work overtime as specified in the CBA.
Full package of benefits; health, dental, vision, life, deferred compensation, and paid vacation & sick time.
Salary Range: Training/Starting $12.67 per hour, thereafter, the rates are in accordance with a Collective Agreement between the Union and Central Arkansas Transit Authority (CATA).
Central Arkansas Transit Authority - 16 months ago
The Central Arkansas Transit Authority is providing notice that it will be accepting diesel quotes from interested vendors to fuel CATAs...