Under general supervision, operates transit system vehicles in a safe and efficient manner; performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicles; assists the riding public.
Examples of Duties:
- Operates a City transit vehicle (GREAT bus) in a safe manner along a designated route on an assigned schedule;
- Maintains on time performance on routes;
- Collects fares;
- Prepares daily trip sheets;
- Performs required CDL pre-trip and post-trip inspections on assigned vehicles;
- Reports maintenance needs to Fleet Services and completes necessary paperwork to ensure timely repairs;
- Completes all necessary reports as may be required;
- Assists the riding public and provides information on routes and schedules;
- Promotes good public relations;
- Provides professional and courteous service to passengers at all times; maintains a professional appearance;
- Ensures fareboxes are properly deposited each day;
- Cleans inside and washes outside of buses; sweeps and empties trash can;
- May work in the Public Works yard performing assigned duties such as cleaning buses, bus shelters, bus stop, and bus washer maintenance duties;
- May drive City Tour Bus;
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Part-time drivers perform above tasks on an "as needed" basis.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to read and write sufficiently to complete required tasks (high school diploma or GED preferred); and
- Six months experience as a bus or heavy motorized vehicle operator.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Good knowledge of:
- traffic laws and regulations;
- basic maintenance procedures.
- the operation of assigned vehicles.
- operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner on City streets;
- learn routes and maintain time schedules;
- deal tactfully and courteously with the public;
- make accurate arithmetic calculations;
- maintain complete and accurate records;
- communicate clearly and professionally;
- establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
Valid North Carolina Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with passenger and air brakes endorsements; safe driving record.
City of Greenville, NC - 15 months ago
Greenville, NC is the 10th largest city in the state of North Carolina and the home of East Carolina University! Located halfway between the...