has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA staff as a Transit Group Manager. We are looking to make an appointment to our Planning Team to support an expanding portfolio of projects for US clients, including a variety of local and state transit agencies, State DOT’s, FTA, and selected overseas clients. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in high capacity transit; though will also need to demonstrate that they see solutions within the wider multi-modal transport system. Our ideal candidate will have a proven track record in delivering complex technical high capacity transit planning projects, developing and maintaining client relationships, and managing project teams.
Duties of this role may include:
- Demand forecasting, market and economic analysis, scheme development and service planning, business case and investment appraisal, and business modeling and planning in support of industry transactions.
- Technical, financial and client management of high capacity transit (BRT, LRT, Commuter Rail and Metro Rail) planning projects requiring business case, appraisal and transport planning skills combined with an understanding of the US Transit Industry and its operational and engineering issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Transit industry planning processes, including FTA procurement process, California Environmental Quality Act and the National Environmental Policy Act, specifications and procurements, and have a high degree of familiarity with standard rail industry data and analytical methods/tools.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, transport planning, rail engineering, or a related discipline is required. A post graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- Ten plus years of experience in public transit industry with an emphasis on rail experience is required.
- Professional registration is preferred (P.E., AICP, and/or PMP)
- Experience of working overseas and with Public Private Partnerships will also be of value, as it is envisioned that both of these trends will be an increasing part of the job if not the industry.
- A proven track record in at least three of the following: strategic planning; major infrastructure scheme business case assessment; travel demand and revenue forecasting; franchise replacement process, infrastructure scheme delivery.
- A proven track record in delivering high quality and technically superior projects on time and to budget, as well the proven ability to develop client relationships and winning new consultancy work.
- A proven project management capability, including financial management, team management and staff development.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing) are required. Analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise are highly desired.
- Entrepreneurial in nature, capable and comfortable with identifying opportunities both in and out of the box, developing a strategy, forming teams and implementing it.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.