About the Position:
The Transition Architect is the key delivery representative to the sales team on the initial stages of the outsourcing solution, providing vision and strategy, service delivery oversight, and domain expertise for how customers are successfully transformed into steady state operations. The Transition Architect is accountable for ensuring that client solutions can be implemented, as agreed with the client and, must ensure that the transition projects meet the key milestones and success criteria. Moreover, they provide a key role in managing relationships between the customer and operations throughout the transition lifecycle.
The Transition Architect must understand SunGard AS Managed Services business and technical solutions and be able to articulate how SunGard AS will take the client from current state to proposed future state.
The Transition Architect is a high-impact, high-profile architect role with significant responsibility and senior-management exposure at both SunGard AS and the client. Successful Transition programs are an important ‘first impression’ with client executives, and prepare the client and the SunGard AS team for an effective, successful, mutually beneficial long-term relationship.
• Working with national Strategic Sales and Solution Architecture team, review client request for proposal (RFP), and support the solution executive and the solution managers in creating the Transition strategy
• Consolidate Transition solution as part of the overall bid and ensure consistency across product lines and delivery organizations
• Work with MS product lines to ensure Transition projects are correctly identified and scoped. Review Transition cost models and generate Transition estimates. Review and approve Transition budgets, and ensure proper management reviews take place
• Serve as a key management representative for MS, working with the MS Account Executive and the delivery managers
• Ensure client dependencies and responsibilities are clearly identified and articulated to sales and client
• Assist in the development of contractual requirements, and define and document appropriate acceptance criteria for transition activities
• Anticipate and articulate impacts to the client and the overall outsourcing program
• Utilize best practices from previous Transitions, and provide lessons learned and collateral for future engagements
Requirements and Preferred Requirements
• 15+ years of related IT experience preferred
• Minimum 7 years of successful project/program management experience
• Start up experience in Transition management or start up experience as a Service Delivery Manager, Account Executive, or Account Program Management Office Director preferred
• Large-scale program management of multi-discipline, teams, including strong management and communications skills, service delivery, client relations, planning, scheduling, budgeting, financial management and earned value, resource management
• Demonstrated understanding of the commercial outsourcing and managed service business
• Business development and proposal presentation experience – shaping value propositions with clients, crafting solutions, driving proposals
• Managing and leading in a highly-matrixes organization
• Strong leadership skills and program leadership required
• Must have a Bachelors Degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Computer Science, or technical area
• Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Masters degree in related field preferred.
SunGard Availability Services provides IT Operations support to IT departments that need to ensure business viability by keeping mission...