position summary :
Provides services for girls who are active in the program and aftercare/follow-up services for transitioned girls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
· Continues to educate and reinforce goals of individual and community responsibility.
· Provides on-going guidance and support in assisting the students to achieve individual goals and objectives.
· Assists girls with meeting individual treatment goals.
· Provides career counseling and assistance to students in the initiation of job interviews, job placement, and intervention when a job is lost; provide educational materials.
· Participates in family conferences.
· Participates in care review meetings before discharge to plan for ongoing intervention.
· Establishes positive relationships with outside agencies and make available all resources.
· Maintains strength based communication style that supports the Values and Guiding principles of PACE.
· Monitors and records the progress of students that have been discharged through transition and into life roles for a period of three years; documents all areas of progress assessment in accordance with PACE Center Standards and regulatory agencies.
· Adheres to established budget guidelines; manages existing resources to minimize cost wherever possible.
· Coordinates aftercare services for students and monitors, supervises and records progress through transition services.
· Provides aftercare service information to Teacher Advisors and ensures they have advised the students and caregivers of these services prior to the discharge-planning meeting.
· Conducts weekly support groups to discuss issues that impact negatively on student success.
· Provides crisis intervention when special needs or concerns arise.
· Coordinates intervention with program counselor and/or appropriate referral agencies.
· Constantly evaluates progress of goals and reevaluates long term/short goals.
· Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience and Technical Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university. Major in Social Work, Psychology, Mental Health, Counseling or a related field required.
· Minimum two years experience . Work with at-risk youth preferred.
· Knowledge of case management practices required; ability to incorporate group facilitation skills preferred.
· Excellent therapeutic counseling skills and crisis management skills required.
· Minimum experience using personal computers and database software and basic office equipment required.
· Knowledge of state and school districts policies preferred; knowledge of laws relating to children and families preferred.
· Current Florida driver’s license required.
· Must adhere to Agency Values and Principles.
· Upholds the ethical standards of the Agency.
· Follows policies and procedures of the Agency.
· Must work evenings and weekends as required to fulfill workload requirements.
· Must be able to travel by automobile, plane, train, etc.; occasional overnight travel may be required.
PACE Center for Girls - 2 years ago