CYRACOM INTERNATIONAL, INC.
JOB TITLE JOB REPORTS TO (TITLE)
Translator Supervisor Translations Manager
DEPARTMENT JOB SUPERVISES (TITLES)
Document Translations Translators
The Translator Supervisor is directly responsible for the overall operation, coordination, and continual improvement of the in-house English Spanish Translators. The Translator Supervisor reports to the Translations Manager and works in conjunction with the Project Managers to assign work to the Translators. The Translator Supervisor must have a high level of skill, proficiency, and professionalism in translation.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific Responsibilities :
- Supervise English Spanish Translators
- Perform staff scheduling function and report staffing issues to Translations Manager
- Perform all functions required of a translator
- Assist in the interview and qualification process for new Translator candidates
- Coach and mentor Translators
- Develop continual programs and processes to improve Translators
- Train new Translators, in conjunction with the Translations Manager
- Perform regular functional analysis of the in-house translation unit for performance improvement and efficiency
- Create and conduct performance evaluations of Translators
- Create a challenging and professional work environment consistent with CyraCom’s corporate mission and objectives
- Assist the Translations Manager with special projects
- Occasional travel to corporate office
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Ability to organize and plan work adhering to priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and delegate multiple work projects.
- Strong attention to detail; excellent two-way communication, judgment, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing circumstances and priorities and work under deadline pressure.
- Ability to train and mentor Translators.
- Thorough understanding of the translation industry, its standards and standard tools (e.g. computer aided translation applications—especially Trados—and production software).
- Must be fully bilingual (English and Spanish) and be able to translate into either language.
- Excellent written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- ATA (American Translators Association) certification strongly desired.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge in using multiple computer programs, word processing tools, spreadsheet applications and presentation software. Demonstrable ability to learn new computer applications quickly beyond basic functionality.
- Ability to work occasional overtime to meet project deadlines.
- A degree or certificate in translation and/or interpretation
- Candidates possessing a bachelor’s degree or higher should have one year of work experience as a translator or interpreter
- Candidates with less than a bachelor’s degree or without a degree or certificate in translation should have at least two years of work experience as a translator or interpreter
- One year of work in a supervisory or managerial position or demonstrated leadership and team management skills preferred.
- US government clearance for Public Trust Positions, or ability to obtain clearance by start date, is required
- Must be a United States citizen or must have lived in the United States for at least 5 years and successfully complete required background search.
Work Location :
- Administrative Offices in Phoenix
Physical Demands :
- Requires sitting for extended periods of time.
- Requires extensive use of a computer and repetitive hand movements in the performance of duties.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of material weighing up to 20 pounds may be required.
Equipment Operated : Telephone, personal computer, printer, Fax machine, and copier.
Potential Hazards : None.
Duties not listed in this position description may be required of the employee at the discretion of management .
CyraCom International Inc. - 19 months ago