ALC is currently seeking Serbo-Croatian, Jamaican Patois, Haitian Creole, Spanish, Korean, Chinese and Portuguese Translators for available positions in Washington D.C. Metro Area.
All applicants are required to have either law enforcement or homeland security backgrounds. Ad hoc translation needed.
In order to be eligible you MUST:
Your compensation includes full medical/dental benefits, life insurance and disability insurance. Upon concluding your commitment year, ALC offers a profit sharing program that you will be enrolled into, as well as a 401k program.
- Have the ability to achieve an security clearance (as a background investigation will need to be completed)
- Pass all required language proficiency tests or have recent official test results (i.e. DLPT, court certifications, etc.)
- An excellent command of the English language with the ability to provide clear and concise oral and written communication
- Ability to understand the basic elements of speech in a standard dialect
- Skills necessary to listen/read and comprehend the required foreign language(s) with native or near-native ability, and to follow accurately the basic elements of conversation understand various text-types
- Ability to comprehend slang and colloquial expressions in the required foreign language(s) and translate them into their English equivalent
- Computer literate and minimum typing skills of 45 words per minute
Interested candidates please send your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to
David Opon for consideration.
ALC, Inc. - 20 months ago