The Opportunity – Here is your opportunity to join a growing company focused on renewable energy projects. RMT is an industry-leading EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) firm dedicated exclusively to siting, engineering, and building clean energy facilities. Our experienced construction team works seamlessly with our in-house engineering staff during design and construction to help our clients build a better project. RMT's renewable energy portfolio currently includes over 4,900 MW. A unit of Alliant Energy Corporation , RMT is headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin. We build clean energy. It's all we do.
We invite you to join team RMT. RMT currently has a Transmission Engineer opportunity in our Madison, WI office.
The Position – The Transmission Engineer will provide design of high voltage transmission lines associated with the execution of renewable energy projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in transmission line planning and design, and construction of transmission facilities. Position will also provide technical, project management, and business development support to RMT’s renewable energy team.
Compensation/Benefits are competitive and include health and life insurance, paid time away from work, tuition reimbursement, professional licensing and memberships, 401(k) savings plan, employee referral bonus, eligibility for short-term incentive compensation, and profit sharing. RMT focuses on supporting employee wellness, a safe work environment, and work-life balance.
- BS in Civil or related Engineering, and a minimum of 5 years of hands-on high voltage transmission line design experience
- Knowledge of transmission line design and applicable design standards, and experience developing design conditions, drawings, and component specifications.
- Knowledge of electric utility systems operation, maintenance and construction practices
- Experience in one or more transmission line design software programs (e.g., PLS-CADD, POLE, and TOWER, foundation design analysis software such as L-PILE)
- Field experience in transmission line construction oversight/documentation preferred.
- Individuals must be proactive, strategic thinkers, with strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to satisfy clients and embrace change in a growing, fast-paced work environment.
RMT, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Consistent with its commitment to employ and advance qualified individuals with disabilities RMT provides reasonable accommodation in its recruitment and job application process.
If you need assistance, accommodation and/or an alternate method of application in order to apply for a position, please call 608-662-5158 or send an email to HR@rmtinc.com .
IEA Renewable Energy
- 2 years ago - save job