Talascend is currently seeking a Transmission Engineer for a contract opportunity in Frederick, MD.
Successful candidate will work as an experienced 'Line Designer.' Duties will include incorporating alignment changes and design revisions into the PLS CADD model, performing and documenting design verifications, reviewing work of others, performing detailed PLS CADD model reviews, structure location walk-downs, construction deliverables production, and construction support. The assignment is located in Frederick, Maryland with potential business trips to existing sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Plans and conducts independent work within a global business unit requiring judgment in the evaluation, selection, application and adaptation of engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises new approaches to solving problems
- Working knowledge of precedents in the specialty area, the principles and practices of related technical areas and of coordinating work with other technical disciplines
- Understands the standard engineering work planning, scheduling and cost estimating, and conducts independent work requiring judgment in the application of engineering techniques. Normally uses conventional approaches to technical problems encountered
- Provides technical direction and assigns work to engineers, designers, and drafters who assist on specific assignments
- This individual will be working under the direction of more senior engineers or supervision and may have more junior level subordinates with responsibilities for group performance and deliverables
- The candidate must be familiar with developing PLS CADD '.cri' and '.fea' files, which includes automatic sagging criteria and have the knowledge required to build a PLS CADD model starting from raw data.
- The candidate will be responsible for creating load trees or '.lca' files used to validate tower loading. Duties will involve familiarity with how to 'set-up' and 'run' all of the available design checking features used in PLS CADD to verify designs
- The candidate will: produce design drawings and documentation with a high- level of technical complexity within the discipline, perform transmission line design for short, medium and long transmission lines ranging from 69kV to 500kV, prepare specifications, sag and tension calculations, electrical clearance calculations, conductor sizing and transmission line routing diagrams and plan and coordinate individual work and subordinates (if any) within and outside the discipline including client, equipment manufacturers and other departments including construction and startup
- Individual must be knowledgeable in the codes and standards within the industry and familiar with related construction practice
sologig - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard