CPS Energy is the Largest Municipally Owned Energy Company in the Nation Providing Both Gas and Electricity to San Antonio and surrounding communities. For over 80 years CPS Energy employees have provided for the energy needs of over 600,000 industrial, commercial and residential customers in the greater San Antonio, Texas area. We have a strong history of industry leading, financial performance, customer satisfaction, and participation in economic development, and community involvement.
Thanks to our status as a community-owned, not-for-profit energy utility and our diversified mix of fuels, we are able to provide our customers with reliable and more affordable energy services than many other companies.
We also offer a competitive compensation and benefits package with excellent career opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
Presently, CPS Energy is hiring for a Transmission Engineering Manager position. See how CPS Energy can ~ work for you!
This position reports to the Director of Transmission & Substation Engineering and is responsible for the following:
• Management of transmission engineering processes to ensure successful completion of projects and successful transmission asset performance
• Management of the Transmission Engineering section to achieve high levels of performance by staff and a positive organizational culture
• Leadership in execution of EDS business strategies
• Perform transmission engineering supervision and provide technical guidance, mentoring and leadership
• Responsible for the design, construction, and maintenance of transmission assets
• Sign and seal transmission engineering designs of Engineers-in-Training
• Testifies in condemnation cases as a Professional Engineer
• Develops and maintains transmission engineering design standards and construction practices
• Prepares and manages transmission portfolio budget and schedule
•Manage evaluation of customer plats and site work plans in transmission easements
• Develops contracts for transmission professional engineering services and construction
• Perform corporate administrative duties and general administrative duties
• Perform other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Principals:
• Engagement and Sense of Urgency:
Maintains focus on results, intensity, and persistence, even when times are tough; exhibits a bias for action, going beyond what is expected; demonstrates a strong sense of purpose and willingness to work hard, and takes pride in overcoming challenges to produce results; demonstrates willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done, in accordance with CPS Energy values and behavioral principles, and leads others to do the same; demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement of the business; builds trust and loyalty through open and honest communication.
• Accountability and Attention to Detail:
Produces results despite obstacles; holds self and others accountable, without flinching; stands behind all commitments; ensures accuracy of all work; demonstrates adaptability and responsiveness when seeking out new ways to provide value to our customers.
• Metrics and Facts Oriented:
Bases recommendations and actions on sound analysis, solid data, confirmed facts, and insights into root causes. Gauges success objectively, based on results (not activities), using numbers, facts, milestones, and external benchmarks.
The following qualifications are required for the position:
• Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
• Professional Engineer License in the State of Texas
• Minimum of 7 years experience in transmission, substation and/or distribution engineering
• Effective oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
• Valid Class C Texas Driver’s License with a favorable driving record
The following qualifications are preferred but not required for the position:
• Experience in management of engineering design of transmission, substation and/or distribution projects
• Experience with the following software:
Modeling steel monopoles using PLS-POLE
Modeling latticed towers using PLS-TOWER
• Ability to translate business objectives into strategic/tactical processes
• Ability to work in a team environment, coordinating with other areas to achieve goals and objectives
• Experience writing and managing contracts
• Ability to communicate effectively and develop successful long-term relationships with internal and external stakeholders with the highest degree of professionalism, clarity, and diplomacy
And the award for being the energy distributor for the seventh-largest city in the US goes to City Public Service of San Antonio (also known...