KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
• Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, clients and vendors.
• Able to work in a collaborative process.
• Able to plan, organize and implement with successful and timely results.
• Efficient use of software, materials and equipment is required, resulting in minimal operational cost. All work time, unless otherwise directed, will be spent performing work that is billable.
• Dedication to completing a project on schedule is essential. Efficient use of time is critical. Working unusual and extended hours to meet project deadlines is sometimes necessary.
• Close attention to detail is required. Consistency, accuracy and thoroughness are critical. Final products must meet established drafting standards.
• Open to change; receptive to new ideas and concepts.
• Demonstrates imitative, self motivation, personal responsibility and decisiveness.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering. Intern Engineer (1st part of Licensing Exam passed), Professional Engineering License or Professional Certification desirable. Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Microstation, PLSCADD, PoleCAD, word processing and spreadsheet management programs with working knowledge of applicable codes.
Experience in Transmission Line Design:
• Minimum 4 years experience required.
• General knowledge of soil mechanics and foundation design.
• Knowledge of route surveying practices and theory.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Salaried
Responsible for the overall design of transmission lines, as assigned, from siting phase through final construction drawings and project completion. Types of projects included wood pole, steel pole construction, lattice tower analysis, relocate, rebuild, retrofit and reconductor of existing transmission lines, preparing Transmission line Rating Studies and facilitating and using LiDAR Aerial Surveys in the engineering process.
• Performs transmission line engineering work requiring a sound working knowledge of utility transmission line designs and standards.
• Performs field investigations
• Performs design analysis
• Performs calculations required to assure compliance with recognized transmission line design codes and standards
• Prepares detailed design plans and specifications for transmission lines
• Facilitates LiDAR Aerial Surveys to collect engineering-quality data containing topographic mapping features such as roads, waterways, buildings, drives, trees, etc. in .DXF format attached
to the client defined software such as PLSCADDD, Microstation and AutoCAD.
• Prepares Line Rating Studies which include: Ambient weather data, IEEE-738 Conductor Temperature Calculations, As-Built Sag & Tension data for the current condition of the line,
Maximum Safe Operation Temperature, Limiting Clearance Conditions, Critical Tree Clearance Reports, Ice-Loading Clearance Reports.
• Prepares Elevated Temperature Studies which include: Tabular Clearance Reports for elevated operating temperatures, reports showing the number of spans in violation for desired
operating temperatures, reports defining the types of clearance violation each span is incurring, Failing Spans vs. Incremental Temperature Increases.
• Provides transmission line design for projects such as:
• Confers with utility personnel, manufacturers' representatives and others as required when carrying out above work.
- Building structure models and producing initial designs,
- Sagging wire, checking clearances and uplift,
- Determining structure heights,
- Generating Sag & Tension data,
- Preparing material lists.
• Keeps informed of latest developments in the electric utility field relating to transmission line design and construction, and disseminates information to staff.
• Prepares technical specifications.
• Reviews and evaluates drawings.
• Performs site visits for documentation, as required by clients.
• Visits construction sites to inspect work in progress or completed, as required by clients.
Dashiell - 19 months ago
Dashiell specializes in designing, building, testing, and maintaining high and medium voltage electrical systems for utilities, power...