Our Power Delivery Services business unit currently has an opportunity for Transmission Line Design Engineer in its Charlotte, North Carolina office.
This position will offer you the ability to directly apply your knowledge of transmission lines, materials, soil mechanics, structural analysis, structural steel design, and reinforced concrete design to:
- Design transmission lines in the 69kV to 765kV range.
- Perform structural analysis and design of pole, lattice, framed, and guyed structures.
- Develop cost estimates and schedules and prepare specifications for the procurement of transmission line materials and construction.
- Design transmission line components and spotting.
- Utilize National Electrical Safety Code (NESC) and other applicable codes for transmission line design.
- Model transmission lines in PLS-CADD, determine right of way requirements, calculate conductor sags, and develop transmission line plan and profile drawings.
- Review conductor clearances against industry codes and standards.
- Prepare design specifications and design criteria.
- Be responsible for cost analysis, generation of structure loading schemes, wind and ice loading calculations on structures and wires, and structure foundation design.
- Review vendor submittals.
Essential Skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE or BSCE from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- Proficiency with PLS-CADD software
- You must have 5 or more years of experience as a member of a project team in observing project schedules and budget constraints on diverse transmission assignments that have included the following: transmission line design incorporating code requirements, cost estimate development, schedule creation and coordination, the preparation of specifications for procurement of transmission line materials and construction, and liaising with construction and installation.
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Successful completion of the Principles and Practice in Engineering examination, and current PE licensure.
- Proficiency with any of the following programs: PLS-TOWER, PLS-POLE LPILE, FAD, SAG10, ArcGIS, CDEGS
Sargent & Lundy LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sargent & Lundy LLC offers equal employment opportunity without regard to race, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, disability, military status, or any other basis protected by applicable Federal, State or Local Fair Employment Law. EOE-M/F/D/V
Sargent & Lundy - 15 months ago
The drill for Sargent & Lundy is to deliver engineering, construction management, and consulting services to the global power industry....