The Transportation Analyst is responsible for the inbound and outbound transportation for multiple manufacturing plants and distributions centers. This position provides analysis and recommendations to be utilized in key business decisions across the supply chain. This position communicates daily with carriers, suppliers, third party providers, manufacturing facilities and distribution centers to ensure optimal movement of freight. This position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and foreign regulations, including customs compliance.
· Negotiate rates with carriers to obtain the most cost-effective transportation price
· Conduct RFI's and RFP's and provide analysis and recommendations
· Conduct on-going analysis for freight expenditures to determine opportunities for cost reduction and service improvement
· Develop and maintain routing guides and monitor compliance
· Monitor third party provider's service performance and compliance with company guidelines. Administers and oversees cargo claim activity to ensure optimum recovery of carrier loss and damage
· Complete monthly carrier scorecards and facilitate quarterly carrier performance reviews
· Maintain freight accrual database in order to ensure accurate financial reporting
· Problem-solve transportation issues and communicates as necessary with internal and external customers, including sales, customer service, finance, operations, information technology, and management
· Provide reports, analysis and recommendations to be utilized in key business decisions across the supply chain
· Seek and evaluates cost reduction opportunities
· Assist import/export activities including duties, tariffs, and related activities of merchandise that is imported or exported to foreign countries
· Oversee third party freight payment provider and review invoices and shipping documents in order to ensure accuracy
Additional Transportation Analyst Competencies
· Strong PC skills including the Microsoft Office Suite; primarily Excel, Access and Word
· Knowledge of Oracle is helpful
· Strong knowledge of US Customs and DOT laws and requirements applicable to transportation
· Ability to maintain a consistently high level of attention to detail
· Ability skillfully negotiate in such a way that creative solutions are developed to satisfy all parties
· Ability to assign tasks and follow up to ensure that work is being completed to a given expectation
· Ability to anticipate the implications and consequences of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies
· Ability to analyze, develop, and propose strategies that will help the organization be more effective, competitive, or otherwise achieve its goals
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
· Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Relevant Work Experience
· 3-5 years experience managing surface and air transportation
· Primarily limited to local travel
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
· This position is located primarily in an office environment. At times the associate is required to sit for long periods of time.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate may need the ability to lift and carry loads up to 20 pounds.
· Upon occasion, the associate may be exposed to a manufacturing environment and required to wear personal protective equipment.
Ames True Temper offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement, paid holidays & vacation, and more. We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
The AMES Companies - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
It could be said that Ames True Temper is at the root of all lawn and garden tool manufacturers in the US. Tracing its history to 1774,...