Logistics & Supply Chain
Primary responsibility to ensure orders are shipped and delivered ontime and at the lowest possible cost, through daily load planning. Resolves operational issues. Liaison with Customer Service and Carriers. Ensure timely freight payment to carriers. Research and resolve customer deductions. Timely filing and collection of Freight claims.
The duties of this position are those described below. This job description does not state or imply that the
duties listed are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position
will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
• Multiple daily reviews of orders, utilizing the TMS to consolidate where appropriate. Assignment of the lowest cost carrier.
• Assists in identifying and implementing efficiencies that reduce shipping costs within Bumble Bee’s Supply Chain network.
• Provide information as requested/required to Customer Service, Global Planning, Sales, Distribution Centers, Plants, Co-Packers and Carriers.
• Resolution of operational issues identified while monitoring e-mail groups assigned.
• Implments solutions to operational and service issues with Carriers, Distribution Centers, Plants and Co-Packers.
• Enter Carrier invoices in TMS and ensure timely resolution of discrepancies.
• Ensure Carrier invoices are processed timely, resulting in Carrier agings within terms.
• Research and approve or deny all customer logistics deductions, providing supporting documentation for dispute. This includes deductions for shortages, returns, and penalty deductions.
• Maintain database of customer deduction activity and resolution.
• Follow-up with appropriate parties to ensure needed actions occur in a timely and accurate manner (i.e., deductions coordinators, inventory coordinators, finance, customer service, distribution centers, etc.).
• Accurate and timely filing of freight claims, with supporting documentation.
• Maintain database of freight claims filing and collection activity.
• Produce Monthly Logistics reports as assigned.
• Misc. logistics and analytical projects, as assigned.
• College degree; BA/BS in logistics, business management, supply chain or equivalent business discipline a plus.
• Proficient analytical ability and experience using such spreadsheet applications as Excel.
• Needs strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to interface with other functional areas including management and outside vendors.
• Problem solving skills are required.
• Must be able to set priorities and demonstrate a high organizational level in an environment of ever-changing needs. Must be innovative, aggressive and capable of anticipating needs.
About the Company
Bumble Bee Foods is the number one producer and marketer of canned albacore tuna, canned salmon, and specialty canned seafood products in the U.S. under the Bumble Bee brand. We are a passionate group of individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit that drives us to continually innovate in order to satisfy our consumers’ need for affordable, convenient, healthful products that make their lives more enjoyable.
Bumble Bee Foods is a global company with eight locations around the world, including Headquarters in San Diego, California. Among the corporate values are a commitment to provide a motivational environment that exceeds expectations; strive to achieve high standards of personal and corporate performance; and a commitment to winning in today’s competitive market place.
Interested candidates should send resumes to email@example.com
1990's - In 1997 Bumble Bee was sold to International Home Foods Inc, (IHF). IHF also acquired Orleans Seafoods, Inc. in 1997 which allowed...