The Transportation Analyst will execute strategic sourcing, purchasing decisions and operational plans across assigned transportation mode categories in support of departmental and corporate goals and objectives. The Transportation Analyst will develop and manage partnerships and performance with carriers and internal customers utilizing key performance metrics.
- Accountable for the efficient and effective utilization of all transportation management operations in support of both raw material and finished goods shipping requirements consistent with the companies customer service and cost targets.
- Accountable for creation, deployment and monitoring of key performance metrics.
- Perform supplier assessments, disseminate monthly carrier scorecards and monitor overall performance against scorecard goals and expectations.
- Work with ship site location managers to improve logistics operational and performance metrics.
- Assist with the implementation of corporate initiatives and maintain sound policies and procedures.
- Deliver lowest imaginable costs while achieving service objectives and KPIs, Strengthen partnerships with transportation providers delivering win/win results.
- Monthly logistics reporting, scorecarding, benchmarking and analytics.
- Execute "buy" strategies in support of a Core Carrier Program based on mode expertise, category management, industry assessment and needs of the business - conduct RFP, RFI's and carrier bids.
- Participate in carrier negotiations and relationships - ensure contracts support lowest costs and superior service initiatives.
- Must have ability to interpret legally binding contracts; expected to understand costing, performance measurement.
- Identify and lead productivity initiatives that generate cost savings, cost avoidance and/or service improvements.
- Question conventional logistical practices and execute programs that leverage our mass that result in lower costs.
- Accountable for the management of a category within the transportation budget.
- Reduce risk and exposure by understanding the complexities of legislation and ensuring compliance Department of Transportation (DOT), State, Federal and Surface Transportation Board (STB) regulations; including transportation documentation.
- Remain abreast with industry and economic development ensuring communication on issues that may have a national or local impact including fuel indexes.
- Link with other areas of the organization including Procurement, Pepperidge Farm, Supply Chain, CLM's, TMC and the Field operations. Support product return processing.
- Coordinate SAP Holiday calendar management and Warehouse operating schedules.
- Review daily warehouse capacities and coordinate solutions with TMC and PCA team.
- Support studies for new items, new source points or new customer distribution methods. Perform what-if analysis and critical thinking.
- Advises management of any opportunities or risks related to departmental expenditures and service issues.
- Must be able to understand industry and economic drivers (commodity (fuel)) trends to develop long term strategy's and potential industry capacity issues.
- Must be familiar with all modes of transportation and contracts including cost plus and strategic long term agreements.
- Participate on project teams in reviewing and updating policies that align with overall business direction.
- Optimize and propose buying strategies to deliver the highest levels of service to our customers at the lowest possible cost.
- Bachelors degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years supply chain related experience, preferably in transportation.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills a must.
- Proficient quantitative and analytical skills required.
- Less than 10% travel required.
CAMPBELL SOUP COMPANY
Campbell Valuing People, People Valuing Campbell
Campbell Soup Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Campbell Soup Company is a growing global food company with annual sales of more than $8 billion and powerful brands in three core...