SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for operational and analytical excellence for the Cox Communications transportation category within Cox Supply Chain Department. This position will be accountable for information collection, data analysis, claims processing, and day to day tactical operations. Candidate for this position will require transportation knowledge and experience, staying abreast of and knowing the constantly changing federal, state, and Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. The Transportation Analyst is accountable for managing the data for transportation operations, routes and truckload shipping plans.
1. Resolves immediate issues of the Primary Distribution Center (PDC) and Area Fulfillment Center (AFC) transportation operations (e.g. filing claims, resolve escalated issues, day to day operations, etc.)
2. Makes recommendations to the Primary Distribution Center and Area Fulfillment Center for most cost effective transportation methods (Heavy Truck Load, Less then Truck Load and Intermodal)
3. Communicates standard operating procedures; providing feedback and analysis to ensure organization acceptance and collaboration with the supply chain fulfillment process
4. Oversees the Cox Third Party Logistics transportation providers to ensure compliance with Cox transportation standards
5. Maintains accurate database for Supply Chain operations, freight claims and transportation related KPI¿s
6. Monitors and communicates changes in federal, state, and DOT regulations for transported goods.
7. Gathers data from vendors and compiles information into monthly Dashboard reports to support Cox Transportation Operations
8. Conducts data analysis to highlight trends in transportation operations (e.g. cost breakdowns versus projected costs, fuel charges, number of loads and impact on expenses, etc.); analyzes inbound and outbound transportation expense to evaluate static and dynamic routing changes for cost savings
1. 2 + years of previous work experience in Supply Chain or Transportation Operations
2. Advanced experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access)
3. Self-starter with ability to manage projects and relationships independently
4. Demonstrated operational, technology, and business analysis expertise
5. Demonstrated record of influencing and decision making at multiple levels in an organization
1. BS/BA degree in Business Management, Marketing, Logistics or Supply Chain is highly desired
2. Communications industry background
3. Experience in telecommunications industry
4. Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, network, collaborate and accomplish goals through others in a diverse employee population
5. Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with specific expertise in management reporting and executive writing skills
Cox Communications and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. We have a tradition of encouraging a wide diversity of talents through a broad range of hiring practices. Please note those individuals submitting resumes online or by mailing a resume are not considered an applicant for employment until a signed employment application form is completed, usually at the time of interview.
For more information about Cox Communications and its subsidiaries, please click here
www.cox.com, www.coxmedia.com, www.coxbusiness.com.
Statement to ALL Third Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:
Cox Communications accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox Communications employees, or send to any Cox Communications facility. Cox Communications is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial...