Load planning for outbound less-than-truckload and international orders, and assisting with domestic truckload planning as required.
Detailed Job Description
- Schedule and route outbound traffic.
- Maximize consolidation levels in to service area and monitor freight costs.
- Monitor delivery exceptions from the carriers and report information back to each principal and/or Customer Service Representative.
- Investigate and resolve all customer service issues and exceptions, and ensure the accurate and timely preparation processing and distribution of all required customer reports.
- Manage the carrier network for the specific traffic region, and ensure that carrier service is consistent with predetermination standards.
- Ensure that carrier is in full compliance with pallet and claim policies, in addition to EDI communications.
- Assist and support with development and completion of transportation and traffic project activity as required, such as transportation service analysis and consolidation studies.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field (MBA preferred)
- Requires strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be customer service oriented
- 1+ years experience in motor transportation operations
- After 12 months candidates must be willing to relocate out into field operations for an additional 12months.
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...