Analyze and prepare haul rate performance and usage reports using Command Alkon with support of the COGNOS software. Prepare and calculate haul rates for GOH estimating, outside sales and PENNDOT for the timely submission of bids. This exempt position works independently and reports to the Director of Transportation.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Analyze and reconcile special contract hauler discrepancies.
- Utilize and continue development of Command Alkon and COGNOS software to increase the efficiency of Transportation Services.
- Use appropriate mapping software, previous zone code performance and route reconnaissance analysis performed by the appropriate Regional Transportation Manager (RTM) for calculating haul rates.
- Maintain, create, update, and edit zone codes, map pages and command cartage tables.
- Work with IT to build and generate reports necessary for managing the business of Transportation.
- Maintain appropriate historical data for haul rates and other reports.
- Complete other projects as assigned by Director of Transportation.
- Exercise proper care and maintenance of company equipment.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisors direction.
- Computers and Microsoft Office software applications.
- Work efficiently and complete tasks quickly and accurately.
- Work in teams or independently.
- Take and follow directions.
- Learn and follow GOH company policies and procedures.
- Strong typing, data entry and computer skills.
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate above average organizational, analytical and memory skills to effectively and efficiently handle multiple priorities with short deadlines.
- Bachelors degree in financial accounting or related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years experience that includes customer relations, sales, transportation, administration, and accounts payable experience preferred.
GOH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Females and Minorities encouraged to apply.
- Regularly required to talk and hear in conversations with customers.
- Ability to frequently use hands/fingers for typing.
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use office equipment such as computers, copiers, telephones, etc.
- Ability to read PC screens and normal sized text.
- Occasionally lift and/or transport items weighing less than 25 pounds from one location to another.