SUMMARY: The Transportation Analyst provides professional analysis, technical and management support to the Transportation Manager and cross functional groups within the SCBU. This position will actively participate in GMC’s Truckload, Intermodal, LTL and parcel operations network and process. Responsibilities include carrier cost analysis, RFP assistance, meeting internal and external customer requirements, designing reports/databases and providing backup to the Transportation Planner role.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES : None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure customer initiatives, special processes, and data requests are clearly understood and fulfilled in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure coordination, preparation and successful execution of seasonal activities and special promotions that effect supply chain operations specific to transportation.
- Maintains transportation forecast modeling and updates to GGOB based on forecast trends and SIOP activities.
- Provides metrics to inform Distribution Resource Planning team in planning activities.
- Provide formalized business updates – KPI’s, quarterly data for Carbon calculation, etc.
- Create reports in PeopleSoft and Databases in Access to support the analysis of transportation information.
- Provides back up to the Transportation Planner role as needed.
- Surfaces, suggests, and implements sustainable solutions in relation to transportation related opportunities – such as on time delivery/pick up, damages, transportation spend, carbon emissions, load factors, etc.
- Researches, validates and tracks customer Chargeback’s pertaining to Transportation.
- Provides transportation claims management for the SCBU.
- Provides transportation invoice management for the enterprise.
- Recommends and coordinates the implementation of process improvement opportunities that maximize GMC’s value stream.
- Collaborates with the Fulfillment, CCR group, Sales, AP, IST and Finance on various projects and tasks as assigned.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum of 3 years experience in transportation or other analyst type work – Accounting, Marketing, Logistics, Distribution, etc.
- Computer skills in PeopleSoft, SAP or a similar ERP system. Expert skills in Word, Excel, and Access. Efficient at navigation on the internet.
- Must demonstrate the ability to multitask, work with cross functional teams, and have strong customer service skills.
- Ability to tackle problems and challenges with creativity.
- Ability to work in a self directed team environment comprised of many shareholders.
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual and follow instructions.
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical, as provided by a GMCR selected physician. The examination must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available informatino, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks. GMCR is an E-Verify employer and EOE.
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 23 months ago