The primary function of this position is to assist in the development of Transportation programs by coordinating ongoing transportation analysis projects across the Lowe’s and Core Carrier Transportation business support groups. These projects will identify performance trends, and suggest implementation plans for supply chain and transportation-related solutions. The plans will enable Lowe’s to take advantage of service and cost opportunities. This result is achieved by reviewing with the focus of removing inefficiencies and waste.
The position will interface directly with Transportation Providers, Stores, Vendors, Lowe’s Supply Chain, Merchandising, and Distribution/Transportation Departments with the purpose of defining and continually improving programs, processes and resulting operations performance, service standards, supply chain costs, and vendor and carrier routing and pickup compliance, and carrier delivery performance.
1. Review, coordinate and develop Transportation Project Management and Analysis Performance.
2. Work with and influence Core Carrier Dedicated Project Manager talents.
3. Develop Transportation Analysis Projects.
4. Develop, implement, and utilize program metrics and measurement tools.
5. Coordinate Compliance Measurement and Corrective Action Follow-up.
6. Promote On-time service improvement, and cycle time and variation reduction.
7. Perform Store/Vendor service needs assessment and customized service implementation.
8. Implement new service standards to improve lead-time reliability.
9. Ensure Timely Pickup and Improvement.
10. Analyze operations improvement opportunities, resolve issues, and adjust standards accordingly.
11. Analyze carrier costing reports, identify drivers of poor costing performance and implement corrective action plans.
12. Ensure development of product group specific Transportation programs.
13. Maintain transportation shipment history.
14. Review shipment history, forecasted purchasing, store capacity, and carrier capabilities to help streamline Transportation flow and provide ample network capacity.
15. Take phone calls and e-mails from Stores, G O Personnel, Vendors, and Carriers for issue resolution.
16. Audit Carrier freight charge invoice activity and performance.
17. Audit Lowe’s freight payment activity and performance.
18. Develop and enforce strict Transportation Metrics and Measurement Processes.
1. Support accurate and timely carrier rates into TMS.
2. Contract maintenance for Core Carriers.
3. Ensure adequate carrier capacity to support the organization’s service and pricing needs.
4. Ensure analysis projects are completed timely and effectively.
5. Ensure continuous improvement mindset and proactive follow-up activities are established within group and with all participating Core Parcel and LTL Carriers.
6. Assist in Program development and performance improvement initiatives.
1. Computer: familiarity with a wide range of programs, including but not limited to:
a. Word-processing (MS Word)
b. Spreadsheet (MS Excel)
c. Database (MS Access)
d. E-Mail and Scheduling (MS Outlook)
2. Education: 4-year Bachelors in Business, Logistics or Transportation preferred,
3. Experience: 3 years of related experience preferred.
4. Strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
5. Operational experience with Carriers.
6. Operational experience with cross-border transportation (Mexico and Canada).
7. Experience in ecommerce DTC fulfillment/planning.
8. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
9. Very strong organizational and time-management skills.
10. Ability to work quickly and accurately.
11. Display positive and pleasant demeanor.
12. Strong interpersonal skills.
13. Reliable in terms of meeting schedules and deadlines.
14. Display initiative and a sense of urgency.
Essential Job Functions:
• Must be able to communicate with carriers both verbally and in writing on a daily basis.
• Must be able to analyze rates and perform cost studies.
• Must be able to effectively audit rates.
• Must be able to effectively analyze service trends and coordinate and implement corrective action plans.
With fiscal year 2012 sales of $50.5 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,750 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe's - 14 months ago
No longer a low-profile company, Lowe's Companies has evolved from a regional hardware store operator into a nationwide chain of home...