Summary of Functions:
Due to continued growth, we are seeking an experienced Transportation Analyst for our Corporate Headquarters in High Point, NC. The position is available on 1st shift.
The Logistics Analyst-Transportation is a key position, requiring very broad and thorough knowledge of logistics and transportation. The Logistics Analyst-Transportation plays an important role in all aspects of New Breed’s Transportation Management Group, including execution and long-range planning.
The Logistics Analyst-Transportation must be a “self starter" and must be able to work without the necessity of close supervision. The Logistics Analyst-Transportation must also be able to communicate well with internal customers, external customers, and suppliers.
The Logistics Analyst-Transportation must not only be knowledgeable in traditional logistics theory and techniques, but also must be able and willing to learn updated logistics techniques and adapt to changing logistics landscapes, keeping up with current trends and best practices.
The Logistics Analyst-Transportation must be able to react quickly to logistics needs or issues, and must be able to “think on his (or her) feet".
- Assist the Manager, Transportation as needed;
- Implement Transportation and Logistics policy, including Project Management of special projects;
- Conduct carrier relations, including carrier development;
- Travel as necessary to remote sites, including New Breed distribution centers, customer facilities, or supplier facilities;
- Design and develop logistics plans;
- Interface with IT, engineering, and operations when designing and/or implementing logistics plans
- Assist with, influence development of, and use corporate computerized WMS, TMS, and transportation optimization systems;
Recommended Knowledge and Skill requirements:
The Logistics Analyst-Transportation must have knowledge/skills in the following areas:
- Knowledge of all modes of transportation, including comparative differences between various modes, and the effects of those differences;
- Knowledgeable in rating and pricing schemes and methods for all transportation modes, including the mechanics of LTL class-rate tariffs, small parcel zone-based tariffs, and TL mileage-based tariffs; as well as the basis for accessorial charges;
- Knowledgeable in freight classification systems including NMFC classification and density-based classifications;
- Skilled in supplier relations, including carrier development, pricing negotiations, contract negotiations, and performance monitoring;
- Understanding of claims filing and claims handling procedures, including claims reduction techniques;
- Thorough knowledge of common logistics related documentation, including Bill of Lading, standard claims forms, MSDS, etc.
- Understanding of concepts that affect transportation costs, including lane balance, backhaul versus headhaul, seasonal capacity, transit time requirements, freight handling characteristics, etc.
- Knowledge of security and safety issues, including techniques to increase safety and security;
- Skilled in use of data processing systems, including use of IBM compatible Personal Computers, including use of Microsoft Windows operating system, Microsoft Office productivity programs, and common industry specific programs such as Rand McNally MileMaker, ALK PC*Miler, and SMC 3 LTL rating engines.
- Understanding of electronic data exchange methods and technology;
- Understanding of TMS, WMS, and manifesting software as relates to logistics applications;
- Understanding of DOT regulations, including Hours of Service; vehicle weight and length restrictions, and Hazardous Materials regulations;
- Understanding of vehicle cube utilization and proper loading techniques;
- Understanding of Industrial Engineering techniques and theories as relates to logistics applications, particularly loading-dock operations; receiving, and shipping activities.
Recommended Previous Work experience requirements:
Minimum of (3) or more years work experience in the field of logistics management; either with carriers (including private fleet operations), corporate logistics management, third-party logistics, or any combination thereof
Recommended Education Requirements
College Graduate with either B.A. or B.S. degree
New Breed Logistics - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Contrary to its name, New Breed Logistics is not new to the logistics game. Born out of a small trucking company formed in 1968, New Breed...