Reference Code: 1300855
Newell Rubbermaid is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial Brands That MatterTM while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation. Our globally recognized brands include Sharpie, Paper Mate, DYMO, EXPO, Waterman, Parker, Rolodex, IRWIN, LENOX, Rubbermaid, Graco, Calphalon, Goody and Teutonia.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of the position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request for particular locations and facilities. This position will focus on supporting the Supply Chain organization initiatives in the area of transportation, logistics, and related technologies. Engagement in all aspects of the global supply chain; transportation, customs duty and compliance, logistics, supporting our sourcing team and facilities in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and Asia.
- Analyze and manage our carrier freight selection and spend across our various partners, manufacturing facilities, and distribution centers.
- Drive the development of analysis and reporting using database report writing tools or by designing reports to be programmed.
- Create financial and operational analyses and reporting needed to measure and monitor carrier operating activities including, on time performance, DIT/LIT performance, total cost.
- Ability to accurately interpret operating and financial data based on a sound understanding of business process flows.
- Play an active role in the implementation of new processes and procedures to improve our shipping infrastructure, and reporting systems.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills are required
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Products, intermediate to expert level with Excel and Access or other database reporting. (Cognos, SAP BI/BW, and SQL)
- Ability to prioritize problems as they arise dealing with more pressing issues immediately.
- Strong analytical skills utilizing multiple variables to make consistent decisions
- Prior experience with carrier (UPS, FDX, etc) data management and reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with facility managers.
Rubbermaid and its Divisions are Equal Opportunity Employers and are Drug Free Organizations. M/F/D/V are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 4+ years of work experience in logistics/distribution
- Experience with SAP R/3 ERP application
- Consumer Products Industry Experience
- Job experience managing transportation/ logistics
Newell Rubbermaid - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's an incredibly exciting time at Newell Rubbermaid. Our future is bright and our potential is unlimited. We are at a defining moment in...