Being a part of the Sleepy’s family means representing the #1 mattress retailer in America. For over 50 years, Sleepy’s has defined the mattress industry by offering our customers unsurpassed service and a comprehensive education on the power of sleep. Our message goes beyond selling mattresses. We are committed to helping people achieve better health, and a better life, thanks to a better night’s sleep.
We are passionate about building our team and welcome energetic, dynamic and professional individuals who share in our commitment to excellence. We are proud of our ongoing expansion and the career development opportunities available throughout the Sleepy’s organization. Due to our continued success and dedication to our employees, Sleepy’s offers competitive compensation, excellent training and an extensive benefits package.
With a career at Sleepy’s…everything is possible.
Detailed Description We are currently seeking a Transportation Analyst to join our team!
Candidate will be trained to become a subject matter expert on the Fleetwise routing system and manage the daily process of routing trucks.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements · Preferred: 2 years transportation or logistics experience, and/or additional or specialized training in transportation, routing, logistics, or similar area of study; routing and dispatching experience.
- Meet all deadlines relating to schedule set up for the routing process.
- Structure cost efficient and timely routes.
- Monitor truck schedules on a daily basis .
- Utilize computer programs such as GERS,LIS, SIESTA and Fleetwise to complete transactions.
- Report all exceptions and errors found in routing system.
- Document department activities via logs, regular reports, exception reports, and emails.
- Communicate clearly and concisely with fellow employees, customers and vendors.
- Assist with the planning and execution of store openings, store closings, relocations, launches and events
- Work closely with dispatch staff to provide the following:
- Provide the necessary documents for deliveries.
- Maintain daily communication with drivers.
- Answer inquiries via phone & email from customers and sales force.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
Additional Details Additional Details:
- High School Degree or equivalent, some college preferred
- Minimum 6 months experience with routing/mapping software, preferably Descartes Fleetwise
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems a plus
- Knowledge of the NJ, PA, N. DE & S. NY area
- Excellent communication, organization, math and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure in a multi-tasking, fast paced environment
- Ability to utilize various tools combined with logic to build the most efficient routes possible while maintaining a high level of customer service.
Salary commensurate with experience
Sleepy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Sleepy's - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard -