JOB TITLE: Transportation Analyst
FUNCTION: Supply Chain
COMPANY NAME: The WhiteWave Foods Company
INDUSTRY: Consumer Packaged Goods
LOCATION: Broomfield, Colorado, USA
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: With our pioneering Horizon Organic, Silk, International Delight and Land O’Lakes brands in North America and Alpro and Provamel brands in Europe, WhiteWave Foods has made healthy, alternative food choices mainstream, creating not just new categories, but a new consumer mind set. At heart, we are creators, engaged in the making of a new kind of Food Company. We are unique in possessing both the creativity and the scale not only to meet the world’s emerging needs, but to shape them, and help define the future of food.
As we experience growth, and as our portfolio of products grows, we maintain a constant focus on our environmental and social responsibilities. We pursue reductions against waste, water usage and greenhouse gas emissions throughout our operations, focusing on our plants and our company owned farms. We are also champions for food security, lending our support to national hunger relief organizations and those that operate in our local communities.
Responsible for review and disposition of $15MM annual accessorial fees and customer deduction for freight related issues. Influence business results through aggressive auditing/challenging of fees and deductions in order to cause overall reduction in spend through analyzing trends of carriers and customers, making recommendations to management on reduction initiatives and implementing strategies to drive down spend. Find ways to eliminate unnecessary expenses. Suggest ideas to cut cost without sacrificing quality. Hold carriers accountable to adhere to contracted rates and WhiteWave's accessorial policies. Support Transportation function by providing review of Routing Guide compliance; suggest areas for improvement and cost reduction, and through preparation of carrier scorecards.
• Rate change request review and disposition.
• Customer deduction review and disposition.
• Challenge questionable charges.
• Analyze historical carrier/customer trends through report development of types and causes.
• Provide direction on cost reduction strategies.
• Negotiate with carriers and customers to reduce charges.
• TMS management and maintenance supporting Transportation initiatives by being expert in reporting, routing guide compliance, developing systematic advisors and warnings streamlining procurement of outbound freight balancing cost and service including new carriers set up, current carrier requirements up to date, and customer pick up allowance preparation.
• Prepare outbound and resupply forecasts by ship point to align carrier capacity with regional/ship point requirements. Distribute forecast data to carriers and plants for quarterly review to assist with providing lowest cost/highest quality service to customer’s avoidance of paying spot market pricing during peak seasons.
• ROS&D and transportation related project back up and support.
• Special Projects - Rate change impacts, creation of SOP's (standard operating procedures) to increase conformance to policies, and assist with RFP (request for proposals) either network wide or regionally.
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
• LEAN Logistics or Third Party TMS, SAP OTD experience in Order Processing and Logistics.
• Understanding of DOT rules and regulations.
• Basic transportation background
• Intermediate Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc), Word, and basic audit/accounting understanding.
• Ability to effectively communicate across a broad spectrum of entities, hierarchies and departments.
• Needs basic logistics knowledge (load building, load tendering and order management)
SALARY: WhiteWave Foods Company offers a competitive salary and bonus potential. The company also provides a comprehensive benefits package as well as many other company sponsored benefits.
Nothing in this job description restricts WhiteWave Foods rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibility to this job at any time.
The WhiteWave Foods Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, pregnancy or any other factor that may be protected by law. This policy extends to all employees and includes all aspects of the employment relationship. WhiteWave Foods is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
'Got milk?' WhiteWave Foods has a white mustache alternative. The company is best known for its refrigerated Silk soymilk in the...