- Environmental Services
Picks up/delivers interdepartmental mail, small to intermediate size packages and lab specimens. Prepares all pertinent reports on vehicle maintenance, fuel consumption, driver identity, number of packages delivered, and performs miscellaneous duties related to the department.
- Maintain positive customer relations within the department, hospital, health system and the community.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and organization information.
- Pick up daily mail from the Post Office and deliver outgoing mail to the Post Office. Sign for and receive special delivery, certified registered mail; ensure the integrity of internal/external mail and pickup services provided by the Transportation Department.
- Observe parking lots, driveways and other exterior areas. Report unsafe conditions and/or unusual observations such as violations of handicapped parking zones, parked vehicles with lights on, illegal activity, etc. to the Manager.
- Operate two-way radio communication system to receive messages and assignments and/or to relay information and/or requests for assistance, etc.
- Keep daily log of all specimen pickups from external routes. Deliver bio-hazardous specimens to hospital laboratory in a timely and business-like manner.
- Investigate, identify and report/propose any system changes or practice improvements to current operational activities to increase efficiency within the Transportation Department.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Level of reading & writing skills normally acquired through completion of a high school education and one month on the job instruction.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must have valid Ohio driver's license and a driving record acceptable to the hospital's liability insurance carrier.
Licking Memorial Health Systems is an equal opportunity employer and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Licking Memorial Health Systems does not discriminate against applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Licking Memorial Health Systems - 22 months ago