This position is responsible for assisting the Transportation Department with data entry, maintaining all paperwork and answering phone calls and questions. Will work independently and in a team environment while resolving and satisfying both internal and external customer requests.
- Professional interpersonal skills are necessary to accommodate both internal and external customer needs
- Possess basic math skills and clerical skills
- Ability to operate a calculator (prefer 10 key by touch)
- Achieve results, work as a team, serve the customer, and understand the organization's purpose and mission
- Must have strong computer skills (general input to PC, spreadsheets and Word processing programs)
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Resolve and satisfy customer requests.
- Enter data into the McLane applications.
- Daily maintenance of data entry processes to ensure everything is correct.
- Understand other departments’ duties, such as credit procedures, delivery schedules, etc.
- Maintain all paperwork.
- Learn and use company software.
- Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
- Follow directions
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job.
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
McLane - 12 months ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...