This position is responsible for assisting the Transportation Department with data entry, maintaining all paperwork and answering phone calls and questions.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Resolve and satisfy customer requests.
- Enter data into the McLane applications.
- Daily maintenance of data entry processes to ensure everything is correct.
- Understand other departments’ duties, such as credit procedures, delivery schedules, etc.
- Maintain all paperwork.
- Learn and use company software.
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules.
- Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job.
- Have High School Diploma or GED.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation shop.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...