The Transportation Coordinator answers incoming network transportation provider calls regarding non-emergency transportation services in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
Essential Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming calls from network transportation providers in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Coordinate scheduling of trips with network transportation providers.
- Negotiate rates with network providers in special circumstances.
- Work with the Pending Team to help identify problem areas and providers within all plans.
- Problem solve on how to control quality and cost initiatives to reduce cost of trips.
- Improve system handling and identifying trips that go to park and pending.
- Recommend a process to decrease the amount of negotiated trips by customer service representatives.
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and transportation providers.
- When needed, perform the duties of a Customer Service Representative.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· High School Diploma or GED required.
· Must have a minimum of one year experience working as a dispatcher in the transportation industry or in a heavy volume inbound call center.
· Must be familiar with local geography.
· Supervisory experience preferred.
· Healthcare experience preferred.
· Ability to deal with complex problems involving a broad scope of issues while under pressure.
· Ability to effectively solve customer complaints in a timely manner by utilizing all tools available.
Other i.e. knowledge and skills:
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
· Must type 30 wpm.
· Must have effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Pay Range - $12.00-$13.00 hour
EmCare is a leading physician services organization with nearly 1,000 locations at hospitals from coast to coast. We have become a leader in...