American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
The Transportation Coordinator is responsible for all key touch points from factory to dealer.
- Establish and maintain Motorcycle inbound and outbound transportation with emphasis on cost per unit
- Handle service contracts and negotiating carrier rates.
- Track all levels of carrier services including claims.
- Increase dealer service while maintaining or reducing logistics cost and claims.
- Analyze, research and settle transportation shipping claims
- Coordinate and address warehouse inbound, outbound shipments and special projects
- 3-5 years of hands on transportation / logistics experience.
- Importing knowledge to support shipments from foreign motorcycle factories to all 6 domestic warehouses.
Logistics knowledge to include ocean carrier routing, transit times, working knowledge of west and east coast ports, customs clearance, drayage, railroad and over the road trucking.
Knowledge of CTPAT (customs trade partnership aganist terrorism), Pier Pass, Hazardous Materials Regulations.
Review and confirm ocean, railroad, and over the road Bill of Lading for accuracy.
General knowledge of container / trailer load building and bracing
Proficient in Mirosoft programs including Excel, Word, Power Point and Access. S.A.P. system support
General warehouse knowledge a plus.
American Honda Motor Co. - 18 months ago
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (Honda) develops manufactures and distributes motorcycles, automobiles, power products, and also provides financing...