The Transportation Coordinator answers incoming network transportation provider calls regarding non-emergency transportation services in a prompt, courteous and professional manner.
Essential Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Answer incoming calls from network transportation providers in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Coordinate scheduling of trips with network transportation providers.
- Negotiate rates with network providers in special circumstances.
- Work with the Pending Team to help identify problem areas and providers within all plans.
- Problem solve on how to control quality and cost initiatives to reduce cost of trips.
- Improve system handling and identifying trips that go to park and pending.
- Recommend a process to decrease the amount of negotiated trips by customer service representatives.
- Serves as a liaison between the patient and transportation providers.
- When needed, perform the duties of a Customer Service Representative.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Must have a minimum of one year experience working as a dispatcher in the transportation industry or in a heavy volume inbound call center.
• Must be familiar with local geography.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Healthcare experience preferred.
• Ability to deal with complex problems involving a broad scope of issues while under pressure.
• Ability to effectively solve customer complaints in a timely manner by utilizing all tools available.
Other i.e. knowledge and skills:
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
• Must type 30 wpm.
• Must have effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Pay Range - $12.00-$13.00 hour
Because driving yourself to the emergency room isn't always the best plan, there is American Medical Response (AMR). With thousands of...