Develop transportation partnerships that will support BNSF Logistics' future growth and allow for the optimization of the BNSF Logistics transportation network including the recruitment of new carriers to secure equipment for available loads within the assigned zones.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure equipment for all available loads that have been assigned to their zone.
- Ensure that the system is updated with the most accurate information on our carrier base.
- Negotiate with carriers to maximize profitability of loads consigned to your zone.
- Solicit owner-operators that will be dedicated for utilization by BNSF Logistics.
- Communicate existing or potential service problems to the applicable account manager or supervisor.
- Recruit new carriers to fill in available opportunities for increased profitability, service, etc.
- Improve efficiency by utilizing fewer carriers through relationship building.
- Monitor service providers to ensure that company and customer service requirements are being met.
- Develop and grow core/key carriers to provide additional capacity and provide proper utilization of the carrier’s equipment.
- Identify service and cost improvement opportunities and synergies in your respective zone such as dedicated operations and continuous moves.
- Act as a facilitator for carrier problem resolution in regards to claims, payments or other business issues.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Knowledge of a specialized field (however acquired), such as basic accounting, computer, etc. Equivalent of four years in high school, plus night, trade extension, or correspondence school equal to two years of college, plus 12 to 18 months related experience and/or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BNSF Railway is one of North America’s leading freight transportation companies, with a rail network of 32,500 route miles in 28...