Education & Qualifications
- 5-7 years of supervisory experience.
- 3-5 years of transportation/truck driving experience.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred.
- Possesses a valid Class A driver's license and state-required auto insurance. Acceptable driving record with no more than 2 DMV points
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and on-call.
- Spanish / English bilingual preferred.
- Familiar with Teletrac systems
- Accounting software
- Spreadsheet software
- Word Processing software
- Presentation software
Transportation Coordinator coordinates transportation maintenance personnel and provides operational support to the Transportation Department in achieving established goals. Responsible for safety compliance according to DOT guidelines and industrial standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises the fleet maintenance staff to ensure required inspections, repairs and preventive maintenance are completed timely and accurately.
- Tracks and reports driver and equipment safety compliance.
- Reviews, recommends and renews equipment leases, as directed.
- Audits daily driving logs and reports; ensures compliance with Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Maintains quarterly reporting to the Department of Transportation regarding participant transport vehicles and activity report.
- Works with Assistant Transportation Managers, Dispatchers and agency departments to ensure transportation needs are safely met, with efficient and courteous service.
- Prepares reports as required.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; developing, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Up 50% travel within Southern California.
Goodwill Southern California - 2 years ago