The Transportation Coordinator (T.C.) is responsible for the administration of the logistics processes and is the direct manager of all weigh masters in the Midwest Market. This includes logistics set up in the system, haulers documentation and contract management, RFP process coordination, logistics reporting and hauler management. Develop relationships with all aspects of the team in the Midwest. Candidate is expected to communicate needed information among all levels of the organization. Candidate must promote and maintain the safety program to Lafarge standards in all areas of the Midwest. Make every effort to maintain a Best in Class Customer Service atmosphere.
1. Safety: Ensures all aspects of his/her role are executed in a safe manner. Ensures vehicle is operated and maintained according to best practices. Obeys safety guidelines when on construction sites and Lafarge operations. Coordinates and train the haulers on our safety procedures. Inspects safety compliance of the haulers on our sites. Manages Transportation Safety Programs.
2. Strategy: Assists in the formulation of logistics strategies, especially the determination of core carriers and other types of partnerships with haulers.
3. Hauler management: Monitors haulers’ contract fulfillment and documentation compliance. Addresses haulers complaints with the help if needed of the Customer Service & Logistics Manager
4. Administration: Sets up and maintains in the system trucks, zones and rates. Resolves freight exceptions and check accuracy of billable and payable while choosing the adequate source. Manages surcharges in the system.
5. Reports: Runs and analyzes various weigh master and logistics related reports.
Relationships with Others Jobs:
§ Reports to the market area Customer Service & Logistics Manager
§ Works closely with other Territory Managers, Customer Service team, Marketing Analyst, Materials Performance Manager, Plant Managers.
§ Generate an environment which creates enthusiasm and a positive teamwork atmosphere.
§ Set Key Performance Indicator goals and manage personnel to meet and/or exceed them.
§ Oversee scheduling processes for all weigh masters.
§ Do semi- and annual reviews of all weigh masters.
§ Maintain accuracy of data within the realm of weigh masters such as Ticket Continuity, Overload Log, End of the month CARB list and Overtime reports.
§ Document activities, problems, procedures and reports.
§ Build and maintain confidence within all aspects of the Midwest community.
§ Must be able to participate in Sales and Operations meetings.
§ Involved in daily communications with High Level Management, Operations Managers, Plant Operators, Drivers, Customers, Sales, Quality Control and Billing Coordinators.
§ Understand local union regulations.
§ Know and adhere to all DOT regulations.
§ Perform miscellaneous activities and special projects as needed.
§ Must be willing to be available for extended hours.
§ May be required to assist with Dispatch and/or Customer Service.
§ Develop one on one relationships with haulers by being present in the field.
§ Demonstrate a proven ability to manage and lead people.
§ Work closely with other product lines periodically.
Education & Work Experience:
§ A minimum of 2 years post secondary education, preferably a Bachelors degree with relevant work experience, or
§ 3 to 5 years of aggregate/construction operations and/or construction sales/dispatching experience
Knowledge & Skills:
§ Applies a positive & optimistic attitude
§ Strong customer focus.
§ Results oriented. Disciplined and process-oriented.
§ Work effectively as a member of a team
§ Excellent people skills – able to develop effective working relationships internally and externally.
§ Strong work ethic
§ Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
§ Effective computer and systems skills.
§ Works well under pressure
§ Detail-oriented, thorough, and accurate
Job-Specific Competency Profile (Lominger):
§ Business Acumen
§ Customer Focus
§ Drive for Results
§ Integrity and Trust
§ Interpersonal Savvy
§ Peer Relationships
Lafarge - 24 months ago