The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is today one of the largest scrap metal recycling companies in the United States. The Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation. We are not just a scrap trading and processing company. DJJ brokers ferrous scrap, pig iron, HBI/DRI, and nonferrous metal scrap. We provide mill industrial logistics and rail services for steelmakers. We finance, buy, sell, and lease railcars and operate self-serve auto parts recycling retail stores. DJJ generates over $6 billion in sales each year. Incorporating wholly-owned and joint venture facilities, DJJ operates trading offices and processing plants in 17 states and employs over 2,200 people. For more information on our Company, visit our web site at www.djj.com.
1. Develop an overall working knowledge of departmental commercial, transaction and accounting practices and systems.
2. Contract Management including entry, updates, shipment performance as well as inventory positions.
3. Coordinating and scheduling truck, barge, and railcar shipments.
4. Shipment scheduling and follow up.
5. Shipment coordination between physical moves and accurate / timely system recording.
6. Transaction analysis and problem resolution, Including customer phone contact as well as interaction with DJJ commercial and administrative personnel.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Business Manager to cover applicable business needs of department.
1. Bachelors degree preferred but a minimum of an associates required.
2. Two years of logistics experience preferred but not required.
3. Position demands an energetic, well-organized individual who is adaptable to changing assignments and priorities; works well under pressure and prefers a fast pace work environment.
4. Exhibits independent thinking skills, initiative, and ability to work with general direction and perform work with a high degree of accuracy.
5. Exceptional customer service orientation able to interface effectively with company personnel, customers, and vendors.
6. Keen attention to detail and ability to conduct data analysis, advanced knowledge of Excel preferred, intermediate knowledge required
7. Excellent knowledge of technology as it applies to administrative tasks, willingness to learn proprietary software
8. PC skills in word processing, spreadsheets (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook preferred), and database experience a plus.
9. Some travel required (15%)
We offer competitive wages, paid training, paid holidays & comprehensive benefits package including 401k, medical, dental and life insurance.
The David J. Joseph Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
American Modern Insurance Group wants to make sure you're protected, whether tooling around in the antique sedan or fast asleep in your...