PRIMARY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND TASKS
- Freight Covered Every Day (Exceed customer on-time pick-up and delivery expectations; proactive analysis to prevent service failures)
- Customer Relationship (Consistent and professional communications; effective, prompt and courteous communications with respect to difficult situations, relaying service failures, etc.)
- Carrier Relationship (Productive carrier relationship development, AP Discrepancy resolution, cover loads, handling and management of difficult situations, etc.)
- Achieve Internal Brokerage Goals (Ensure appropriate use of internal high-service, fair and cost competitive brokerage services)
- Financial Procedures and Operating Metrics (Detention management, research/resolving invoice discrepancies, benchmark rate achievement, automation objectives, expedite decisions and cost, etc.)
- Secure capacity for load
- Leverage carrier relationship to influence capacity awards during tight markets
- Determine eligibility for additional non-committed freight to be awarded to internal brokerage services
- Contact carrier to obtain status of load-tendered; continue monitoring the shipment for on-time pick-up, transit, delivered, empty
- Update load status in system, e.g. loaded, pick-up, delivery, empty, etc
- Notify Shipper and/or Receiver of Load Status and reschedule pick-up/delivery appointments when necessary
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with shippers and receivers through professional and timely communications and inquiry responses
- Correspond with customer and carrier regarding detention information
- Communicate and gain approval for expedite shipments
- Use of JIRA, including request new users and password resets via JIRA; provide specific and detailed comments to ensure Help Desk receives clear actionable requests within JIRA
- Train customer users on the TMS, leveraging knowledge of customer business practices and workflow
- Rate Quotes
- Lead training sessions for Carrier Contacts as necessary on Carrier Portal
- Identify patterns with shipper, receiver and carrier performance and recommend actions for improvement
- Coordinate and direct shipments and deliveries, including Shipper to Cross-dock, Cross-dock to DC, DC to DC, DC to Store, etc. to improve Customer/Carrier equipment utilization
- Set-up new Receivers, vendors and suppliers
- Resolve financial discrepancies in TMS financials (Carrier invoice does not match in TMS and must be reviewed and make determination; make adjustments in TMS; and, respond to Accounting to deny or approve the additional funds, etc.)
- Utilize TMS to actively manage on-time performance and automation objectives
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
- Working Knowledge and Utilization of transportation management systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Tools
- (Ability to leverage Excel and other MS programs, including Word, Outlook, Lync, etc.)
- Knowledge of the Customer's Business
- (Knowledge and understanding of the customer product, ability to flowchart the customer's basic supply chain, speak the customer's language and understand the customer's key service measures, etc.)
- Industry Expertise (Transportation industry knowledge, including key terminology; and, general knowledge of primary customer industries)
- Geographical Expertise (Geographical understanding of the continental US, Mexico and Canada. Understanding of mileage as it relates to the passage of time, including DOT & Speed governance, including Transit time difference based on mode)
- Ability to run BI reports ; validate information; understand report, and offer feedback on report.
- Basic Math (Includes aptitude to learn how to calculate mileage as it relates to the passage of time)
- Service Orientation (Commits to and enjoys providing exceptional service to internal and external customers)
- 1 – 2 Years of customer service experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Transportation Logistics is preferred. (High School Diploma/ GED is required.)
- Values Based and Skills assessments may be required
- Background check including employment history, education and criminal may be required
Transplace is a non-asset, North America-based third party logistics (3PL) provider offering manufacturers, retailers, chemical and consumer packaged goods companies the optimal blend of logistics technology and transportation management services. From complete logistics management outsourcing to SaaS transportation management system (TMS) and supply chain network planning and design to high-quality brokerage services, Transplace has proven the ability to deliver both rapid return on investment and consistent value to customers. The company is recognized among the elite global 3PLs by a customer base that includes many of the largest shippers in the world.
Transplace constantly strives to exceed the transportation expectations of our customers, from consumer packaged goods, chemical and petroleum companies, to discrete manufacturing and retail. Our goal for global supply chain excellence is outlined in our Mission and supported by our Core Values and Executive Leadership.
Transplace is an equal opportunity employer.
With a global customer base that includes Fortune 500 companies covering some of the most recognized brands in the world,...