We have an excellent career opportunity for a TRANSPORTATION DIVISION MANAGER to join our Portland, OR office. This position is responsible for leading the growth of the division through strategic business development and marketing activities, with a focus on Oregon and Southwest Washington. This position works closely with the Office Principal and Senior Project Managers and Market Segment Leaders to coordinate and lead pursuits, develop client relationships, and facilitate decisions on strategy and positioning. Also responsible for staff development and the overall financial health of the division. Ability to communicate and provide leadership is essential to this position.
· Identify and lead strategic project pursuits. Serve as the Principal-in-Charge on major projects responsible for overall QA/QC, project oversight, and client management.
· Facilitate and ensure top client relationships.
· Establish and monitor relationships with key teaming partners.
· Monitor and maintain activities regarding leads and opportunities.
· Collaborate with transportation Program Manager and other transportation leaders in Parametrix offices regarding firm-wide technical skills, project delivery and strategic pursuits.
· Work with discipline leaders and office leadership team to identify key hires and investment needs necessary to successfully achieve office and company goals. Facilitate efficient import/export of work between offices and sharing of key staff skills.
· Act as the primary interface with specific clients to ensure services are meeting their needs and expectations.
· Proactively interact with division project managers in assisting them with technical methods, client interaction, and maintaining high quality control standards.
· Partner with division supervisors to manage the overall staff development process, including mentoring, performance evaluation, and corrective actions.
· Provide leadership and oversight for division project managers with respect to project delivery, project performance, and profitability. Work proactively with office operations leadership to mentor project managers, effectively communicate project successes, and deal with individual project and/or client problems.
· Facilitate communication among staff and leadership, including cross-business line sales.
· Provide leadership and strategic direction on matters internal and external to Parametrix.
· Minimum of 15+ Years of experience and proven leadership in the A/E industry specializing in transportation and infrastructure planning ,design and construction
· Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related field. Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon (and Washington desired).
· Ability to obtain Professional engineering licenses in various states.
· In-depth understanding of procurement and selection processes, particularly in the Oregon and Southwest Washington market, including ODOT, WSDOT, transit agencies and Local Agencies.
· Established professional relationships with strategic clients.
· Ability to work collaboratively with other business lines to position Parametrix for the pursuit of major business leads.
· Strong communication and staff development skills.
Parametrix, Inc. - 8 months ago
Parametrix helps our clients deliver some of their most significant projects. Whether it’s improving our region’s...