The qualified Traffic Engineer will be expected to work independently on traffic engineering studies and will provide support to transportation and municipal projects including traffic management plans, signal and striping plans, traffic signal and traffic impact studies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply broad understanding of civil engineering and other fields to reach innovative and interdependent solutions
- Perform effective technical writing and correspondence
- Provides technical advice regarding design, construction or modification and repairs to clients, contractors and other staff members
- Read and interpret engineering plans, specifications and reports
- Collects, analyzes, and summarizes traffic related data. Prepares findings and makes recommendations based on analytical data. Report findings using a variety of media including maps, graphics, charts, tables, presentations and written reports
- Prepares and checks plans, calculations, cost estimates and recommendations
- Participates in studies to identify deficiencies in the existing system and
- prepares conclusions and recommendations
- Travel periodically to work sites and other project related locations
Requires BSCE degree and PE license or ability to obtain. Requires a minimum of 4 years of progressive traffic engineering experience. Proven knowledge and skills in Microstation CAD and/or AutoCAD. Proven knowledge with MUTCD and Highway Capacity Manual. Experience preparing traffic signal plans. Experience in using Synchro / SimTraffic, VISSIM, and RODEL/SIDRA software programs. Required excellent verbal and written communication skills.
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...