Responsible for aiding in the planning and design of Transportation-related projects, including preliminary engineering studies, development of plans, specifications and estimate (PS&E), and construction administration. The primary focus will be in both public and private roadway systems, but may include any discipline in the Transportation field including bus and rail transit. The candidate should have demonstrated experience on projects using Caltrans standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work on all aspects of Transportation Design, including roadway alignments, profile grades, geometrics, drainage facilities, construction details, construction staging, utility plans and any other component of preliminary engineering studies or PS&E.
- Calculate quantities and prepare engineering estimates.
- Prepare technical reports, letters, and memos for development of transportation projects.
- Perform preliminary field investigations and existing date research to be used in preparation of a working project base file with topography, mapping, and utilities.
- Prepare alternative design options and document findings.
- Organize and maintain project files.
- Assure that all PS&E are in accordance with company production and design standards.
- Other assignments as needed.
Requires BSCE degree and Professional Engineering license in California, or the capability of obtaining licensure within one year of hire. Requires knowledge of the Caltrans Highway Design manual and two years experience in highway construction document preparation. Proficiency using roadway design software (Civil 3d or InRoads or CAICE required) and drafting software (MicroStation, AutoCAD). Experience in San Diego, Riverside and Kern Counties is a plus.
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...