Transportation Fleet Operations Manager, Maspeth NY Distribution Center (Job Number: 014166) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
The Fleet Operations Manager is responsible for, but is not limited to, direct management of fleet team members, optimization of store delivery service, routing and assigning drivers, cost management, transportation function administration and regulatory compliance management.
- Supports strategic leadership and management within the Transportation department. Monitors and executes strategies that support cost/service and continuous improvements.
- Supports the development and implementation of operating standards, metrics, processes and practices that align with company objectives. Provides recommendations to Fleet Manager on transportation innovations that will improve performance. Monitors, analyzes, and provides feedback on fleet key performance indicators to meet or exceed service performance measurements.
- Assists Fleet Manager with development of annual fleet budget. Improves cost and service performance through Logistics activities that include all aspects of managing a local private fleet. Monitors/controls costs, oversees transportation planning, order processing, and delivery execution.
- Monitors daily dispatch operations including driver/truck and trailer assignments, driver payroll and driver productivity. Monitors drivers on compliance of on-board computer (OBC) training and usage. Ensures driver compliance and expectations working with local driver leasing company. Reports to the driver leasing company any driver discipline problems or issues that may arise. Ensures completion of accident processing, claims, investigation, and corporate reporting. Participates in driver safety meetings.
- Ensures operational compliance with transportation function, logistics planning, order processing and customer service standards, policies and procedures.
- Provides support on interpretations and business process solutions to ensure regulatory and legal compliance on all Federal, state, and local rules/regulations and laws. Assists Fleet Manager with Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEP) compliance of local, state, and Federal laws. Responsible for daily monitoring to ensure compliance of DOT and Compliance, Safety, and Accountability (CSA).
- Supervises mentors and assists fleet team members with all fleet activities.
- On a rotating basis, provides after hours support to the distribution centers, drivers, or stores regarding any urgent issues.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years of Fleet Management experience in the Transportation industry OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 6 years of Fleet Management experience in the Transportation Industry.
- Experience with of federal, state, and local DOT rules and regulations.
- Experience routing, planning, and dispatching drivers.
- Experience monitoring and analyzing fleet KPIs.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
- Willing to provide non-standard business hours support on a rotational basis.
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Experience with a Private Fleet in a multi-stop environment.
- Knowledge of Department of Energy and Environmental Protection (DEP) compliance.
- Experience with on-board computers.
- Experience with AS/400.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Walgreens - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...