Transportation Fleet Operations Specialist - Puerto Rico Distribution Center (Job Number: 014168) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our more than 8,000 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, clinics, specialty pharmacies, infusion and respiratory service locations and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to expand your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career.
Responsible for basic routing and scheduling of store deliveries, fleet equipment assignments, scheduling, fleet dispatch, and accident reporting. Monitors loading of trailers. Monitors basic compliance with DOT regulations. Responsible for payroll reconciliation.
- Communicates with DCs and Store Operations regarding delivery times, delays, etc. Sets up DC loading dock schedules and ensures proper trailers are assigned to the correct trailer dock. Maintains and corrects problems relating to on time deliveries, store tracker, store notifications and completion of route within DOT compliance standards.
- Responsible for Fleet Dispatch. Assists in the maintenance of driver’s HOS schedules. Completes payroll reporting and communicates any policy changes. Communicates/distributes newsletter and promotes a safe work environment.
- Assists with needed documentation, statements, reports or items needed by the driver leasing company, such as accident reports, policy violations and corrective action.
- Assists in routing and scheduling of store deliveries with the assistance of routing software. Makes necessary adjustments as determined by Sr. Dispatcher.
- Assists in reconciliation of leasing invoices and approves for payment.
- Monitors loading of trailers and communicates any issues to DC shipping management. Works with shipping management to see that trailers are loaded properly. Makes daily decisions when wave planning which affect the workload of the DC. Resolves third party driver issues through various means.
- Assists with accident reporting, when necessary. Assists in resolution of a variety of issues including but not limited to accidents, breakdowns, store notifications and emergencies, which may include making decisions to ensure driver routes have coverage and can be completed in the event of emergencies, accidents and/or illness, such as calling in relief drivers, determining if truck, trailer and/or driver can continue route following an accident, etc. May make judgment calls on severity of the incidents; involves supervisor/manager when needed. Maintains investigations around accidents involving Walgreens leased equipment, including insurance, law enforcements and coordination of repair, if necessary.
- Monitors compliance with DOT Regulations.
- Assists with payroll reporting. Monitors hours of drivers’ operation and alerts appropriate level if DOT standards are in jeopardy.
- Tracks fleet performance using various operating KPI’s.
- Coordinates the back-haul program/responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor’s Degree OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in transportation, supply chain, logistics, or distribution.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Willing to be on call 24/7 and carry a company provided cell phone; provide fill-in for vacation and sick leave.
- Bachelor’s Degree in transportation, supply chain, logistics, distribution or business.
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) Regulations.
- Experience with fleet dispatch.
- Private Fleet experience in a multi-stop environment.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Access (for example: designing and creating simple queries, modifying data types, adding dates, working with required fields and/or creating labels).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...