Interest Sub Category:
Engineering - Transportation
Job Title :
Transportation Group Leader
Type of Position:
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
• Professional Engineer license in the State of Colorado
• Minimum of seven years of Project Management related experience in the surface transportation engineering industry.
• Experience preparing proposals and conducting presentations, and a clear understanding of successful marketing in the sales capacity is required
• A clear understanding of the Colorado state and municipal agencies (including CDOT) and the decision makers in those organizations
• Successful management experience of a team of at least 15 people is required
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
Do the best work of your life!
The Colorado Transportation Department is actively seeking a talented, proven professional to serve as the Denver Group Leader. The successful candidate will manage the Roadway, Bridge, Construction Management, and Survey teams. This position is a key member of the Department and will be responsible for the pursuit and management of major transportation projects in Colorado. The primary focus will be on highway and multi-modal design projects and may involve alternative delivery including design-build and CM/GC. Experience in transit and/or rail design, as related to multi-modal urban corridors, will enhance the overall qualification for this position.
The position will involve high profile project pursuits involving a high level of client interaction, the development of strategic teaming arrangements and leading a technically diverse team in pursuit of project wins throughout Colorado.
At URS we value a high level of teamwork and interdisciplinary partnership. This position will play a pivotal role in the development of such relationships within the organization, and is essential to success.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed above.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
URS Corporation - 12 months ago
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...