As an IT Analyst in Caterpillar, you will assist in the development of detailed system specifications for International Transportation and Trade Compliance systems for technical development and / or support, integration and implementation projects. You will also apply systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems for International Transportation & Trade Compliance systems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Competent to provide functional expertise in programming, development, integration and system administration assignments without close supervision.
- Provides project management, programming, systems, and/or system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
- Work on more complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Work independently on complex processes and modules that may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support of infrastructure component change management.
- Develop major system modules, programs or infrastructure released based on requirements gathered from system customers.
- Perform integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of system components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Perform integration tasks for in-house developed systems and/or purchased hardware and software solutions.
- Assist customers with documentation, training and usability efforts.
- Serve as a team member on one or more 6 Sigma projects.
- Work closely with business customer to detail the technical specification from business specifications
- Degree with a minimum of 3 years or Minimum of 6 years experience
- Programming experience in Java, with expertise in Object Oriented design & development, technical specification development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis techniques, testing, debugging, following documentation standards, file design, storage and internal systems.
- Programming experience in relational database (Oracle, DB2, MS Access) and development of SQL / Stored procedures
- Knowledge of Supply Chain fundamentals
- Good customer service in order to deal with internal customers on a daily basis.
- Must be fluent in English
Relocation is not available for this position.
- Have a developing knowledge of Caterpillar policies and procedures and a general knowledge of the Caterpillar organization.
- Project Management Certification
- Supply Chain Certification (Preferred)
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Feb 12, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Illinois-Morton-MORTON11-Morton IL B Office
Caterpillar - 17 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...