A Transportation Implementation Manager is needed for client located in High Point-Greensboro, NC.
The chosen candidate will support the TM Group efforts to focus on company?s growing transportation management offering. The TMS Manager will provide customer support management for internal users and external clients according to customer management processes. TMS Manager may also serve in a project management role for system implementations and upgrades. Will have the opportunity to develop detailed functional specifications for system modifications and perform integrated quality assurance testing.
1. Participate in full cycle TM implementations, which include defining requirements to post go-live support.
2. Build the required TMS components per customer requirements. (Locations, carriers, tariffs, etc)
3. Develop and run TMS functionality test scripts given customer specific set-up and transactional data
4. Complete and maintain TMS implementation documentation and system updates as required per assigned projects
5. Ensure operator and user ad-hoc issues are resolved in a timely manner
6. Ensure TMS knowledge is imparted to system users as defined by individual TMS implementation project requirements
7. Maintain/update the TMS environment given changing customer requirements
8. Liaison with internal and external customers as required in order to meet requirements per various project plans.
9. Support Business Development
10. Support efforts to analyze resource/process/cost savings through re-engineering and process improvements in existing operations
11. Prepare business cases for internal and external approvals.
12. Indentify opportunities for continuous improvement in areas of process, productivity and system capability that result in cost and process efficiencies.
Salary: $100,000.00+ / DOE
1. BA/BS degree required. Advanced degree preferred
2. 5 years of information technology experience; preference towards a demonstrated career growth pattern in areas such as project management, consulting, customer relations, and implementation of logistics systems
3. Hands on experience in full life cycle of TMS implementation
4. Experience in geographies outside the USA (including design, build, testing and maintenance of all TMS data) is a plus
5. Full capability to engage with all TMS functionality Super-user role using one of more of the following systems: JDA (i2 TM/TP) Oracle OTM, Manhattan, Descartes, MercuryGate or TMW.
6. Ability to translate the various functionality components in TMS into workable solutions to meet/exceed internal and external customer requirements.
7. Understanding of the integration points (upstream and downstream) of TMS (the details of how data integrates in and out of systems)
8. Skilled in data manipulation using various available tools (Excel, Access, Word as well as various text type file manipulation software) to build data as required for integration to TMS
9. Understanding of the TMS API structure (data requirements) for static and transactional data integration during the TMS implementation/maintenance process.
10. Full understanding of build, trouble shoot, and manipulation processes of XML files required for the TMS implementation /maintenance process
11. Develop TMS technical functionality knowledge for potential future use (ex. Custom Distance Engine build)
12. Ability to leverage data base query software (Toad) to access data in TMS database
13. Ability to leverage, update and maintain data loader (MS Access DB) for data integration to TMS
14. Leverage various mapping software (MS MapPoint, PCMiler, etc) from both graphical display perspective and a data source perspective (ex. integrate MS Excel and MS Access with PCMiler)
To express interest in this position, please Email Resume in MS-Word or .pdf format and attach cover letter with Salary requirements and contact information. Please be sure to reference Job #1850.
NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE!
Net Temps - 21 months ago