The Transportation Manager II provides management, supervision, direction, and leadership to over the road operation staff. This includes the direct responsibility for the efficient operation of company over the road operation at designated location.
- Plans, directs, and monitors preventive maintenance and repair programs for all Company vehicles.
- Directs and coordinates activities of over the road staff to insure maximum performance relative to product delivery, service and good customer relations.
- Ensures the delivery of products to the major warehouses.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints related to deliveries.
- Ensures company case return and sales distribution cost containment programs are adhered to.
- Analyzes route layouts to insure proper route coverage for existing/new customers or seasonal demands.
- Sets objectives and tracks results for each route sales driver.
- Utilize data from XATA and other sources to assist senior managers with KPI’s.
- Ensures full compliance with all company quality assurance standards,
- Ensures full compliance with company dress code policy and good hygiene and housekeeping practices.
- Will make regular inspections to ensure all equipment and vehicles are in complete compliance with company standards.
- Ensures full compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Assists in promoting and monitoring the adopted loss control program including inspections, DOT regulations, driver training, rules and accident investigation.
- Makes selection, and provides training for over the road drivers.
- Interacts daily with the transport drivers to ensure highest level of morale.
- Oversees the bidding process to ensure it is completed timely.
- Completes the month end close of the transport department recapping the number of trailers we send for store deliveries, branch loads, plant to plant, and the pickup of products for resale.
- Manages cost control measures by monitoring such things as the purchases of office supplies, driver gloves, and pallet jack repairs to cut overall distribution cost.
- Completes frequency analysis to reduce deliveries to transport customers.
- Works with the Distribution Manager on all employee issues to including disciplinary decisions.
- Works with the Fleet Maintenance shop to insure timely repair and availability of transport equipment..
- Oversees the dispatchers and the assignment of their daily duties.
- Routinely verifies that the case counts for the trailers to make sure they are cubed out to the highest level manageable to run and complete the routes.
- Use Sales Data Warehouse to pull reports to analyze the waste returns, determine where they are coming from and work with the sales department to assist the stores in the order adjustment process thus reducing the amount of waste.
- Conducts market rides, meeting with store managers and receivers to verify proper execution of service and the overall job performance of the transport driver.
- Review budget to actual spend and research using transaction journal to monitor monthly expenditures.
- Uses computer to produce forms and reports.
- Performs any other assigned tasks.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Four year college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing transportation logistics including working with over-the-road tractor (OTR) & trailer operations.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a direct or indirect leadership role
- Solid understanding of DOT requirement and other applicable regulations
- DOT qualified and licensed to drive Class A and Class B vehicles.
- Must possess and maintain a valid class A or B CDL license
- Able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Pr oficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Skill in organization, time management, prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public.
- The candidate must pass a company pre-employment physical and drug screen prior to commencing work.
Dean Foods - 9 months ago