Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate to identify, create, develop and integrate innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our North American transportation network. Amazon transportation encompasses all of the operations that deliver worldwide shipments to and from our fulfillment centers and third party locations.
As a business manager in the Procurement team within Transportation at Amazon, you will be responsible for creating new or improving existing solutions that will increase delivery efficiency, managing carriers, decreasing costs and providing a better customer experience. The successful candidate will address opportunities that improve transportation costs, decrease delivery times, and increase customer demand. This involves building vendor relationships, addressing transportation related web site functionality, and developing innovative projects that drive improvements in our transportation processes and negotiating contracts.
The responsibilities will include:
• Managing carriers by developing and maintaining weekly metrics and carrier score cards
• Understanding current logistical solutions and developing new products
• Monitoring market trends to develop sourcing strategies and negotiating contracts
• The position will require working closely with external clients, internal stakeholders, IT and business groups.
• Clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to cross-functional project teams.
• Bachelor’s degree required or 2+ years Amazon experience
• 2+ years’ experience in the Transportation/Logistical industry
• 2+ years’ experience in Small parcel operations (UPS, FEDEX, USPS)
• 2+ years’ experience in contract negotiations
• Proficient in MS Office
• Project management experience helpful
• Knowledge of SQL, HTML is preferred
• High business acumen with the ability to communicate objectives
• Superb written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence others
• Outstanding customer insight
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Amazon.com - 2 years ago
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...