Job Category: Distribution Center
Clinical Licensure Required : N/A
Job Type: Full Time Position Summary:
The Transportation Manager is responsible for but not limited to:
Plan, organize, direct, control, and manage the daily activities of Transportation Department with multi-shift functional areas within the Distribution Center.
Schedule and assign work to employees.
- Provide the necessary equipment, materials and documents to ensure successful completion of tasks.
Review/analyze transportation reports, initiating changes, as needed, to ensure a high level of service to store operations
Five to ten years of prior managerial experience in a distribution/private fleet environment. Demonstrated leadership abilities. Ability to analyze information effectively and consistently. Ability to complete assignments with established timelines. Knowledge of DOT rules and regulations. Knowledge of equipment licensing and fuel tax processes. Working knowledge of Xata programs and Roadshow software a plus. Proficient PC skills to include all Microsoft Office applications. Preferred Qualifications:
- Determine proper staffing levels within the functional area based on the volume and type of work to be completed daily.
- Monitor the work performance of each employee to ensure that quality and quantity expectations are met and exceeded. Provide ongoing training/retraining of employees to ensure that they are prepared to meet or exceed standards.
- Possess the ability to utilize a variety of reports, summaries, and procedures o projects workload and resolve problems that arise during the workday.
- Develop and implement plans, procedures, programs, and strategies to enhance performance, service level, and cost-per-piece. Clarifies complex data or situations
- Administer policies/procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Manage truck shop for compliance of DOT rules & regulations, state inspections and preventive maintenance.
- Professionally address issues with employees, fellow supervisors and managers utilizing the proper resources.
- Plan, organize, schedule, forecast and coordinate work in order to meet production schedules and operational goals
- Ensures promotion of CV values/culture with key transitions or organizational issues Required Qualifications:
Bachelor's Degree preferred Education:
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required. Business Overview:
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is a pharmacy innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Through our 7,700 retail pharmacies,...