This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining the smooth operation of the Transportation Department. Provide general supervision of all transportation drivers and administrative staff. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all delivery and some backhaul activities. Must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and efficiently. Provide input for cost savings, and maintain efficient utilization of manpower through proper scheduling and training.
- Direct and motivate Teammates.
- Maintain safe working conditions and enforce safety policies, procedures and governmental standards.
- Responsible for compliance and knowledge of Federal Department of Transportation regulations.
- Must facilitate excellent communication within the management team and between the Teammates and management.
- Must have strong knowledge of financial principles as it relates to departmental budgetary responsibilities.
- Responsible for productivity data including but not limited to unload rates, routes, stops, and pieces. Timely scheduling of all routes for “on-time" delivery.
- Bachelor's degree is necessary. In a related business field is strongly preferred.
- 2 – 3 years of previous leadership/operations management, budgetary planning, and analytical reporting experience preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of experience in all facets of inbound and outbound distribution.
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...