Maintains compliance with all federal, state and local transportation regulations.
• Insures customer service mandates are strictly adhered to by all carriers.
• Communicates with corporate, field and distribution center management on all transportation related issues.
• Maintains and develops effective transportation cost control measures.
• Audits and approves all transportation related invoices.
• Insures all carrier routings are in accordance to corporate guidelines.
• Trains and educates staff on latest transportation policy and operations.
• Hires, orients, trains, evaluates, recommends pay increases and develops associates. When necessary carries out disciplinary actions or recommends termination of employment.
• Monitors and adjusts delivery windows when necessary to maximize on time performance.
• Supervises follow up on all shipments requiring special handling such as new stores, special orders, rush orders, add ons, etc.
• Tracks inbound and outbound movement of all import containers.
• Visits stores at regular intervals to acquire information in store, carrier and distribution center performance.
• Oversees the procurement of backhaul, third party or otherwise, for fleet operations.
• Maintains an open line of communication between distribution center operations, stores, carriers and Sears Holdings Resource Center.
• Ability to physically access all areas of working environment that he/she is responsible for to observe operations, observe associates, instruct in methods of operation, and assess needs.
• Manages Customer Care Program and monitor performance.
• Monitors and adjusts batch plan as necessary to optimize cross docking processes.
• Establishes sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement.
• Flexibility to work variable shifts.
• Knowledge of computer systems, both personal computer and mainframe applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of DOT regulations regarding transportation of freight and hazardous materials.
• Understanding of dedicated, private and contract carrier fleet operations and regulations specific to each.
5 - 10 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 18 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...